Can I save config.js in UTF8?

hi everybody :rolleyes:

I need your help!!!

I want to save my configurations (program categories and descriptions) in Georgian language (UTF8), but I think it's impossible-

when I save config.js in UTF8 and load it from WPI config tool, it shows me that config.js is old (v.7.2) and changes my configuration and mixes everything. Please HELP me. I'll be very grateful.

Or tell me if config.js can't support utf8

(I have translated language files into Georgian and it works. The only problem is config.js)

why why???

I want to have my WPI on my own language

is it possible to save in UTF8 or not? when I save in other encodings, WPI can see it, but when I save in UTF8, there's error

Edited by Clown

at first I thought so, but I modified Russian config.js from downloaded WPI, translated only russian text and the result was the same

and from WPI tool I can't save program descriptions and categories in Georgian language.

Clown is right. The Configuration is not UTF8 compatible.

I do not create config.js file through the Configuration. I do it for years manually by text editor (notepad++, notepad2, sometimes akelapad (Russian one)) in UTF8.

Clown is right. The Configuration is not UTF8 compatible.

I do not create config.js file through the Configuration. I do it for years manually by text editor (notepad++, notepad2, sometimes akelapad (Russian one)) in UTF8.

I do the same :( I used bred, notepad, notepad++ and akelapad too, but then configuration can't recognize text

and when I tried to write something via configuration, It couldn't save

and that's soooooooo strange that nobody have asked about it... I need to save in UTF8 very much and I can't do it

Edited by Clown

I do not use WPI new versions and is OK. I use 7.1.0 and Classic one, if I would use newer, e.g. 7.3.0, I would get error as yours.

You should open WPI Configuration (if you use new versions), copy and paste from saved old config.js copy, then save WPI configuration.

If you understand Russian you could see it. Config.js is saved in ANSI as UTF mode in case of version 7.3

config7.1.js

config7.3.js

Edited by stasys44