Anti-Virus Software that supports network updates

I currently have 3 computers at home. One Media Center, a desktop and a laptop. All run Windows 7. I want to setup Anti-Virus software on all 3 computers with just the Media Center downloading updates via the internet. The other 2 computers can then get updates from the Media Center via LAN.

I wanted to try NOD32 Business Edition but they wanted to sell me a minimum of 5 copies. The Home version does not have the capability to create a update mirror.

Microsoft's Security Essentials does not seem to support this feature.

If anyone has any suggestions for a Anti-Virus package that can provide this feature, I would appreciate it.

I can think of, off the top of my head, an idea that may work. You can use Microsoft Security Essentials (free) on all clients. Then on your media server you install WSUS. Not sure if that is free or not, or how to get it if you are not in the Partner Channel. Anyways, then you can tell your clients to get your updates from WSUS and not from the internet.

i believe kaspersky internet secuirty has this ability, i think it can download updates to a folder which the other two programs can be set to update from over lan.

plus its one of the best internet security programs.

Edited by bauxite

• 2 weeks later...

MSSE i dont think will work with WSUS plus WSUS may complain if you try something besides a server platform any AV software that has this feature out there is going to be targeting enterprise and require a min number of license

MSSE i dont think will work with WSUS plus WSUS may complain if you try something besides a server platform any AV software that has this feature out there is going to be targeting enterprise and require a min number of license

MSSE is not for corporate use. Forefront is the enterprise version, and is supported by WSUS.