Tweaking old dell laptop

adrian2055

then yes that is highway robbery.

Since the internet is our information highway, wouldn't the local shop prices be secondary side road robbing? :whistle:

(I mena "highway robbing" sounds to me simply too "high level" to decribe such a rip-off) ;)

In Italian we have the definition of "ladro di polli", literally "thief of chickens", that should actually be in English "small-time crooks"

jaclaz

Buying 2x1GB sticks of Kingston RAM for my Shuttle only cost $88 for both of them! Yes you can get cheap parts in Aus only in this one shop which is run by Asians, has no customer service (except warranty repairs) and gets big lines outside the stores all the time. In all the shops near where I live its a full $100 for some generic no brander of only 1GB with no installation or anything. Complete waste. I bought 2x512MB sticks a while ago off eBay but one didn't work and neither did the second one they sent me so they just refunded me half the cost of the RAM and I just got to keep the one that worked. Was a bit of mucking around though with me having to send the faulty sticks back twice.

Edited by Zenskas

Buying 2x1GB sticks of Kingston RAM for my Shuttle only cost $88 for both of them! Yes you can get cheap parts in Aus only in this one shop which is run by Asians, has no customer service (except warranty repairs) and gets big lines outside the stores all the time. In all the shops near where I live its a full $100 for some generic no brander of only 1GB with no installation or anything. Complete waste. I bought 2x512MB sticks a while ago off eBay but one didn't work and neither did the second one they sent me so they just refunded me half the cost of the RAM and I just got to keep the one that worked. Was a bit of mucking around though with me having to send the faulty sticks back twice.

It's kinda the same way here. The local shop here offered me very generic memory. Installing and testing it was $85/hr with a 2 hour minimum. I may bump this one up to 1GB of memory if my mom needs it. Best buy was having a great sale and I got a new acer laptop last night so this dell can be used for her personal or business needs.