Ashampoo Burning Studio 9.20

sahra

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ashampoo Burning Studio 10 was released, someone has updated script allready?

- no dekstop icon

- no myshampoo toolbar

- no internet explorer start after install

Thanks!

Im rather new to AutoIt and it took me quite some time to make it but here it is. The silent installation script for Ashampoo Burning Studio 10:

#cs ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

AutoIt Version: 3.3.6.1
Author: Veli Kerim Celik (based on script by DaRk MaDnEsS)

Ashampoo Burning Studio 10
Application site: http://www.ashampoo.com

Script Function:
Installs ABS 10 silently. Preserves internet explorer start page and search provider. Preventing default browser and burning studio gadget to open after installation. Deletes desktop shortcut.

#ce ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

; Script Start - Add your code below here

#Include <Misc.au3>

If _Singleton("Nullsoft Winamp 5.5.7.2830",1) = 0 Then
Exit
EndIf

Opt("TrayIconDebug", 1)

; Installer file name
$Installer = "ashampoo_burning_studio_10_10.0.1_sm.exe"
; Serial number reg file installer
$SN = "sn.bat"

; Save and disable the default internet browser, start page and search engine (to prevent Ashampoo Burning Studio installer to change it and open it at the end of installation)
$DefaultHttpBrowser = RegRead("HKCR\http\shell\open\command\", "")
$DefaultHttpsBrowser = RegRead("HKCR\https\shell\open\command\", "")
$DefaultStartPage = RegRead("HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main", "Start Page")
$DefaultSearch = RegRead("HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes", "DefaultScope")
RegDelete("HKCR\http\shell\open\command\", "")
RegDelete("HKCR\https\shell\open\command\", "")

; Unregistering windows sidebar gadget handler (to prevent Ashampoo Burning Studio installer to open its gadget at the end of installation)
RunWait(@ComSpec & " /C " & "regsvr32 /u /s" & "%programfiles%\Windows Sidebar\sbdrop.dll")

; Start checking
AdlibRegister("_Adlib")

; Run the installer
RunWait($Installer & " /sp- /verysilent /norestart")

Sleep(2000)

; Inserts serial number
RunWait($SN)

; Restore the default internet browser
RegWrite("HKCR\http\shell\open\command\", "", "REG_SZ", $DefaultHttpBrowser)
RegWrite("HKCR\https\shell\open\command\", "", "REG_SZ", $DefaultHttpsBrowser)
RegWrite("HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main", "Start Page", "REG_SZ", $DefaultStartPage)
RegWrite("HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes", "DefaultScope", "REG_SZ", $DefaultSearch)

; Delete Desktop icon
FileDelete(@DesktopCommonDir & "\Ashampoo Burning Studio 10.lnk")

; Registering windows sidebar gadget handler
RunWait(@ComSpec & " /C " & "regsvr32 /s" & "%programfiles%\Windows Sidebar\sbdrop.dll")

; Stop checking
AdlibUnRegister("_Adlib")

Func _Adlib()
; Close toolbar installation process
$PID = ProcessExists("MyAshampoo.exe")
If $PID Then
ProcessClose($PID)
EndIf

; Close Ashampoo Burning Studio process
$PID = ProcessExists("burningstudio10.exe")
If $PID Then
ProcessClose($PID)
EndIf

; Close Internet Explorer process if was started
$PID = ProcessExists("IEXPLORE.EXE")
If $PID Then
ProcessClose($PID)
EndIf
EndFunc

The script calls the file sn.bat to apply the serial number. sn.bat checks if it is a 32 or 64 bit system and calls the respective reg file. Contents of sn.bat:

IF EXIST "%PROGRAMFILES(X86)%" GOTO 64BIT ELSE GOTO 32BIT

:32BIT
REGEDIT /S x86.reg
EXIT

:64BIT
REGEDIT /S x64.reg
EXIT

The contents of the x86.reg file:

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Ashampoo\Ashampoo Burning Studio 10\ash_inet]
"SharewareType"=dword:00000001
"RegKey"="XXXXXX-XXXXXX-XXXXXX"
"firststart"=dword:00000000

The contents of the x64.reg file:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Ashampoo\Ashampoo Burning Studio 10\ash_inet]
"SharewareType"=dword:00000001
"RegKey"="XXXXXX-XXXXXX-XXXXXX"
"firststart"=dword:00000000

This was tested on a 32 bit machine. Should work on a 64 bit but haven't tested yet. Would be happy if somebody did.. Made this for use with WPI for my unattended Windows 7 installation.

Remember to run as Administrator!!!!

Enjoy :P

ABSp.au3

Edited by vkcelik

• 1 month later...

Vkcelik,

I'm more or less the same as it concerns AutoIt, was looking at the task of doing it myself but I just stumbled upon your post.

Tested on Vista 32 and working. I got a warning about the gadget installation (security risk, file from Internet) but that's on my side.

The script does the job and all is well, search is not changed, IE doesn't launch and the gadget does not install.

I do find that Ashampoo has become a little bloated with the toolbar, ebay stuff and info channel. Lot of unneeded stuff, too bad.

I'll check on x64 OS soon, but it should work OK.

Cheers!

Well after looking at the AutoIt script I was still not satisfied.

Some processes have to be killed afterwards and I also got problems with the sidebar popup on Vista.

After a lot of reading I decided to take apart the setup and rebuild it without the junk.

The result is a new Ashampoo Burning Studio 10 installer that:

1. Does not install the MyAshampoo toolbar

2. Does not autostart IE (or any browser)

3. Does not change default search scope

4. Does not install gadgets

5. Does not autostart ASBS after install.

Shortcuts will be created.

The offending components have been completely removed from the package AND from the script.

Default silent switches can be used for Inno (/VERYSILENT /SP-) and it will be completely silent.

Last but not least, key is of course not included, if you have your legit key or reg file you can add it with the help of the regfiles from Vkcelik.

You can even compress them together as a 7z SFX silent installer so there should be no problem there.

Legit key is not required for install, the program will function in trial mode for some days and you can add the key later.

I'll release this on MSFN because I've learned so much here and now it's time to give something back to the community.

Please test it and leave your comments.

Cheers!

EDIT: Read on for updated version.

Edited by Escorpiom

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Updated to version 10.0.7.

This has not been tested at all, I need some feedback if this is working the same way the old version did.

It should give no problems however, the script has not been changed a lot since 10.0.4.

I could use some help with reconstructing the "code" section from Innosetup, there are some functions like shortcut creation that don't work like they should,

especially the "SkipTaskCheck" function and "GetInstallDir".

The unpacker does not unpack this section so we have to make it ourself or else exclude it from the script.

Cheers.

Escorpiom.

Thanks for the feedback.

I think the double shortcut can be resolved. The installer has an option to choose a shortcut for the current user or for all users.

Due to the missing code section (that is effectively a sort of "task check") the shortcut gets installed twice.

I'll just delete the "current user shortcut task" and keep only the "all users shortcut task".

In that way only one shortcut will be created, for all users.

Note that if you are using the normal install (not silent) the check boxes for shortcuts will have no effect on the actual installation.

Cheers.

EDIT: Minor change to the installer to resolve the double shortcut issue.

Edited by Escorpiom

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...