Win 7 and USB Problem

vegettoxp

Hello there Guys, Good day to you. I was searching for answers for this Win 7 and USB Controller problem and from what I get is that MS was saying that it is Chipset that are Nvidia based that are having these USB Sync/Copy Problems. I am having the same issue but with no Nvidia Chipset. Below is my Rig Info and I wanted to know if we have a solution for this problem. Now it could be that my Case USB Port are bad, but when it comes to iTunes x64 version and my itouch, I always run into this Sync Problem. But when I use my work laptop which is Win XP 32-Bit, I have no problem syncing.

My Rig Info:

Win 7 Ultimate x64

Intel QX9770 Processor

Asus Maximus Formula SE Motherboard (Intel X38 Chipset)

Also on a Side-Note, I have the itch to update my Motherboard and I also know that Intel is planning to release 6-Core Processor, What would you guys recommend I do in this case. Should I just wait until the 6-Core Processors are out and then get the CPU/MB Update? Any ETA?

Your Guys Thoughts On These Topics?

Thank You, Fusion!

I am afraid I cannot understand WHICH is "this problem" and WHICH are "these USB Sync/Copy Problems". :unsure:

jaclaz

Well The curreny problme is that when I try to Sync my iTouch with my PC, It will stop in the middle. In another words, I can't use my PC to Sync my iTouch.

If I understand correctly, you are using the Front Panel USB port on your case? Have you tried one of the USB ports on the backplane that are physically on the MB? Sometimes running off a MB header to the Front Panel USB port doesn't work, but using the backplane's USB port will work.

If this is the case it could be that the Front Panel port is not quite up to snuff, USB 1 vs 2, misconfigured on the MB header, etc.

Try the backplane first. If that doesn't work, software/drivers issues might be the next place to look (are they up to date, got any "optional" USB filter code installed, etc.)

Well I have all the system update and I don't have Nvidia based Chipset. I have Intel X38 Chipset and I am still troubleshooting the problem. But it is really painful when I try to sync my iTouch. In the mean time I am using my work laptop and it works no problem.

It doesn't matter what USB Port I use, I also have issues syncing my itouch in Win 7. Bad port was my frist thought, but not all ports can be bad because I have other stuff running and no issues, I might have one bad front panel port. But I have a external USB Drive and I am able to copy stuff back and fourth with no problems. But iTouch Sync BIG Problem.

Well I have all the system update and I don't have Nvidia based Chipset. I have Intel X38 Chipset and I am still troubleshooting the problem.

Yep, what I meant is that it is not like that MS will create the updated files for the Nvidia chipset and break compatibility with all the other chipset, so there are three possibilities:

1. you don't use those files
  2. you use those files and by chance they fix the problem also on non-nvidia chipsets
  3. you use those files and they don't fix anything

I just wanted to make sure you are in the third case.

jaclaz

Well I have all the system update and I don't have Nvidia based Chipset. I have Intel X38 Chipset and I am still troubleshooting the problem.

Yep, what I meant is that it is not like that MS will create the updated files for the Nvidia chipset and break compatibility with all the other chipset, so there are three possibilities:

1. you don't use those files
  2. you use those files and by chance they fix the problem also on non-nvidia chipsets
  3. you use those files and they don't fix anything

I just wanted to make sure you are in the third case.

jaclaz

Well If it is a KB Fix, then they should have been installed when I did Win Updates. But I am gona try to use my Win 7 RC and see if the problem continus.

But I am gona try to use my Win 7 RC and see if the problem continus.
Now I see that you use the Windows 7 RC, witch isn't the RTM. The RC still had problems I found out with USB devices; For example the Nokia 3G internet stick had to be de-installed and reinstalled to work properly after a reboot.

Also I would like to point to what nitropuppy said: The iTouch isn't what you say "well build" when it comes to software, apple did worse on other devices they released to the public but I won't blame a chipset or OS over the iTouch.