Icacls and Authenticated Users

balubeto

HI

In this image, I represented the system permissions of the C and D partitions:

permessidrive.th.jpg

Using the Icacls command of Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, how do I change/add the permissions of the "Authenticated Users" user in the D:\ directory to coincide with those of the C:\ system directory?

THANKS

BYE

Simple, I have not had the answer I wanted.

Poor little fellow :(, I care for your unfortunate situation, in which you do not get the answers you want, what a pity.

[italian]

L'erba voglio cresce soltanto nel giardino del Re

[/italian]

(the above translates roughly to "The grass "want" only grows in the King's garden")

Please, you I can write these Icacls commands?

Yes, you can write them allright, if you LEARN how to.

jaclaz

Edited by jaclaz

Poor little fellow :(, I care for your unfortunate situation, in which you do not get the answers you want, what a pity.

[italian]

[/italian]

(the above translates roughly to "The grass "want" only grows in the King's garden")

jaclaz

Thus, someone can help me to write these commands?

THANKS

BYE

The first line creates the non-propagated "create and append" setting, the second line creates the "Modify" control over the subfolders and files only. Not sure if you need to fully delete your existing permissions. Report back if it does not work.

icacls D:\ /grant *S-1-5-11:(NP)(AD)

icacls D:\ /grant *S-1-5-11:(OI)(CI)(IO)M

Jaclaz, you are not the internet police, I am, now respect my authoritah', let's stop acting like we are MVP's and actually try to answer a question once in a while.

south-park-you-will-respect-my-authority-3700212.jpg

{RANT}If people wanted replies like that they could go to the social.answers.microsoft forums and let a Microsoft MVP tell them how stupid they are. I don't speak Italian, but Franco Leuzzi seems to have passed the buck like some of the lazy MVP are known to do. All he seems to say is that Microsoft does not approve of making this change, blah blah blah. Then to top it off, he gives the guy the ICACLS syntax page knowing full well that most programmers cannot comprehend how to control inheritance via command line, let alone a n00b. I'd wager Franco doesn't understand the concept himself and that is why he chose to avoid answering the question, all to maintain his air of superiority.

Seriously the effort you make in showing everyone how many posts he made, was more than I exerted in helping him. Not that I approve of his crazy postings, but maybe answering his question will shut him up. (but I won't be fooled twice!!) Besides are we such a-holes at MSFN that we require people to understand complex syntax and relish the nuances of every scripting method. Or instead of claiming we are better than everybody, why don't we show our intelligence and just answer his damned questions. {/RANT}

The next reader trying to deal with propagating inherited security / ACL permissions will find this thread and have a working sample to play with. Here are some quick links to resources for that future reader.

http://ss64.com/nt/icacls.html

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/243330

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library...28WS.10%29.aspx

[italian]

[/italian]

jaclaz

jaclaz, I do not know what's going on with you and babuleto, but please either try to help or don't post a response on MSFN to posts like this. We don't want to see these types of responses on MSFN from anyone, and this isn't the first time this has happened with this user. I'm assuming there's a reason, but "take it outside" as it were.

And to user babuleto, it seems all of your posts here on MSFN are in the vein of "how do I do <insert something here> THANKS BYE". I'm going to say that the assistance you got from MrJinje is correct, but you do actually need to try and find some of this on your own.

On to my own rant:

You're asking here and many other boards the same sorts of things (as per jaclaz's link above), but I don't see you helping others here on MSFN at all. If all you're going to use MSFN for is to stop by, ask a few questions (that could have been answered by an internet search, reading product documentation, or using Technet and/or MSDN), and then leave until you have some other issue you need us to provide documentation for you to resolve, please consider now a good time to start to learn how to use Google and MSDN/Technet for your questions. MSFN is a forum/community where we all try to help each other. We are NOT your helpdesk, and if all you're going to do is take from MSFN (you haven't posted back anything of value that I can find to actually help someone else since you joined in early 2009), please take from somewhere else. Thank you.

[Closed].