Office 2003 cab file upload

chupacabra

1 - Nobody is going to upload copyrighted material

2 - The program to make a CAB is MAKECAB.EXE (free from MS - search for it on MS)

3 - CABPACK (google for it) will simplify making a CAB

4 - This post is (kind of) a duplicate (a "cross-post")

5 - In above post, you misunderstand; a CAB is not necessary. A SFX (whether using WinZip, WinRAR, 7-Zip, or any other) will suffice. Re-read the topic and do a search on creating self-extracting (SFX) x.EXE files and how to use them during Unattended Setup. The information is here/there/everywhere...

Or am I just misunderstanding you?

1 - Nobody is going to upload copyrighted material

2 - The program to make a CAB is MAKECAB.EXE (free from MS - search for it on MS)

3 - CABPACK (google for it) will simplify making a CAB

4 - This post is (kind of) a duplicate (a "cross-post")

5 - In above post, you misunderstand; a CAB is not necessary. A SFX (whether using WinZip, WinRAR, 7-Zip, or any other) will suffice. Re-read the topic and do a search on creating self-extracting (SFX) x.EXE files and how to use them during Unattended Setup. The information is here/there/everywhere...

Or am I just misunderstanding you?

So you are telling me that after i created Sfx of office files , there is no need for cab , only thing i need is to add sfx file to nlite addon window and thats it ?

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showto...mp;#entry905618

Edited by chupacabra

Please re-read topics! Why do you need a CAB file?

1 - Admin Install

2 - Slip the SP (etc) to it

3 - Customize it (e.g. remove components)

4 - Compress/MakeSFX contents of the Admin folder with commands indicated

5 - Put SFX.EXE and its execution in the Unattended as indicated

edit/note - CAB's are usually used along with an INF file for installing drivers, etc. SFX.EXE files are usually used to install Software (the exact method depends on the software). CAB's can be made into SFX if necessary using various methods.

Edited by submix8c

yeah , but i integrated SP3 for office by using, --office slipstreamer, -- also extracted files

microsoft_office_slipstreamer-500x376.jpg

15i9a3p.jpg

also i compressed files;

2rnerzm.jpg

1. On General tab, enter the following into the "Run after extraction" field: PRO11.MSI /QN

2. On the Modes tab:

- tick "Unpack to temporary folder"

- select "Hide all" under "Silent mode"

- select "Overwrite all files" under "Overwrite mode"

2cqk6s0.jpg

ok then i placed , sfx.exe by Hotfixes, addonz ....

this is what i got :wacko:

21whaf.jpg

Edited by chupacabra

This is NOT a Hotfix! Again, re-read the OTHER topic right here above yours. And look here. Again, this is Software, and not OS-related. Hotfixes install during OS install and Software installs after OS install.

edit (further explanation) -

The means by which you have to install is the RunonceEX method (a CMD file), post-OS Install, Pre-Initial-Logon.

Here is a partial example (only!).

Maybe this will also help. nLite doesn't actually create the RunonceEX.CMD file.

Also, bear in mind that the SFX you created has "unpack to Temp" so it will allow installing ONCE with whatever you select for Customization, meaning in your case Default. The Customizer will allow alteration of the install to do a COMPLETE install. If you choose to install as you created, you will have to use WinRAR again to unpack the SFX.EXE to another folder so when you use Add/Remove against Office to CHANGE the installation options, you will have to redirect to the "unpacked folder" as it will NOT see the SFX.EXE on the CD. If you want to allow for Add/Remove, I would recommend altering the SFX Unpack-To instructions.

Edited by submix8c

This is NOT a Hotfix! Again, re-read the OTHER topic right here above yours. And look here. Again, this is Software, and not OS-related. Hotfixes install during OS install and Software installs after OS install.

edit (further explanation) -

The means by which you have to install is the RunonceEX method (a CMD file), post-OS Install, Pre-Initial-Logon.

Here is a partial example (only!).

Maybe this will also help. nLite doesn't actually create the RunonceEX.CMD file.

Also, bear in mind that the SFX you created has "unpack to Temp" so it will allow installing ONCE with whatever you select for Customization, meaning in your case Default. The Customizer will allow alteration of the install to do a COMPLETE install. If you choose to install as you created, you will have to use WinRAR again to unpack the SFX.EXE to another folder so when you use Add/Remove against Office to CHANGE the installation options, you will have to redirect to the "unpacked folder" as it will NOT see the SFX.EXE on the CD. If you want to allow for Add/Remove, I would recommend altering the SFX Unpack-To instructions.

what is the most easy way to parform, you are making it just more complicated for me ...

From nLite FAQ's -

Can I integrate programs?

Not really but there is addons support and you may use it in that manner but it can do much more. Also Unattended - RunOnce page may come in handy.

Re-read that link, search MSFN, read nLite FAQ's, go to the Unattended link (given several posts above), and read/try it. I personally don't create All-In-One CD's but I also know all the info is there (that's how I found this info). There is no exact guide for a single Application as all Application Installs generally follow the same methodology.

Testing the CD is rather simple using VirtualPC (or other VM's - SEARCH on that). When it works, you can use it live. When it doesn't, try again. Any problems you can't resolve, we help.

Please dig in and don't ask for things on a silver platter. We are here to assist, not do it for you.

edit - Thank you, MrJinje...

Edited by submix8c

From nLite FAQ's -

Can I integrate programs?

Not really but there is addons support and you may use it in that manner but it can do much more. Also Unattended - RunOnce page may come in handy.

Re-read that link, search MSFN, read nLite FAQ's, go to the Unattended link (given several posts above), and read/try it. I personally don't create All-In-One CD's but I also know all the info is there (that's how I found this info). There is no exact guide for a single Application as all Application Installs generally follow the same methodology.

Testing the CD is rather simple using VirtualPC (or other VM's - SEARCH on that). When it works, you can use it live. When it doesn't, try again. Any problems you can't resolve, we help.

Please dig in and don't ask for things on a silver platter. We are here to assist, not do it for you.

edit - Thank you, MrJinje...

lolz , cmon this is my first time its normal that i dont know a s*** concerning, ......believe me i feel more sick than you do .. im just u student

Edited by chupacabra

Or just forget everything in this thread, and use the easy 7 step sticky to turn your EXE into a proper hotfix that XP will recognize.

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=63596

[How To Create Custom Add-ons]

First step will be creating a silent switchless installer for your application. For specific switches check the product's website or look in the Application Installs forum located here.

For help creating a 7-zip installer check out keytotime's excellent tutorial here.

Please note that svcpack.inf does support switches. If you are not wanting to repackage an installer you do have the option of using switches in the ini file.

Suggestion: before creating your add-on, download one of the posted add-ons and extract it. This will give you and indication of the structure of the add-on, and will assist in keeping the naming scheme and layout as uniform as possible.

Here are the steps required to create the add-on:

1: Create a new folder and name it after your application, ie uTorrent1.3

2: Within the above folder, create another folder called SVCPACK

3: Place your switchless installer within the SVCPACK folder

4: Rename the ini file to match the name of you add-on, for example ENTRIES_UTORRENT.ini

5: Open the ini file and edit the appropriate details under the [general] section as required, eg:

[general]
builddate=2005/14/1
description=uTorrent
language=English
title=uTorrent is an efficient and feature rich BitTorrent client for Windows sporting a very small footprint
version=1.3
website=http://utorrent.com/

6: Navigate to the [AddProgram] section of the ini file and change the name to the exe file that is within the SVCPACK folder, eg utorrent.exe (keep it as simple as possible)

Your ENTRIES_PROGRAM.ini file will look something like this:

[general]
builddate=11/21/2005
description=product description here
language=English
title=Program Name
version=1.0
website=http://www.programwebsite.com/

[EditFile]
I386\SVCPACK.INF,SetupHotfixesToRun,AddProgram

[AddProgram]
PROGRAM.EXE

You should now have a setup that looks something like this:

foldersetup5cd.jpg

within the SVCPACK folder is ur PROGRAM.EXE switchless installer.

7: Ok, the next step is to create the .cab file. Using MakeCab or CabPack, a freeware utility available here (or any method you wish!) create the cab file of the SVCPACK folder and ENTRIES_PROGRAM.ini file. Rename this cab file to something appropriate eg uTorrent_1.3.cab.