Run a batch file during Windows Installation?

Hi,

I'd like to run a batch file during the installation of Windows, silently if possible. I've looked into GUIRUNONCE but this doesn't help me in case the user has taken out the CD by this point. So instead, i'd like to call a batch file somewhere during the Windows (2000/XP) installation, so i know the disc is still in the drive, so the files can be read from the disc.

I can't use OEM Folder distribution to bypass having the files on the CD in this scenario/situation either. Can anybody help?

Thanks.

Regards, Ben

Wait... does GUIRUNONCE run after setup, but before the reboot which starts Windows for the first time? So the disc is still in, and GUIRUNONCE just adds an extra stage to the end of the installation?

Regards, Ben

EDIT: Ok i guess it's importing guirunonce instructions to the registry, so it does do everything on first boot *sigh*

Edited by Mortagen

Yes it runs at first-logon, before the desktop shows(why take the disc out before that point?)...

You have several alternatives however, as per the MSFN unattended guide, then you can use e.g. cmdlines.txt or svcpack.inf...

Running cmd files during setup requires careful planning, as the whole system isn't fully installed yet at places where you can accomplish this. It would be better to use $OEM$ folders and cmdlines or svcpack (again, as per the unattended guide) if you're worried about disc removal.