Anti malware toolkit will not load

I have a XP SP3 machine with malware bytes, spyware guard, spyware blaster all real time and ccleaner and spybot installed on my machine along with KIS IS. i just got the toolkit and it installed fine but when i click it it does not load. i have tried an uninstall and reinstall to no avail

i have the latest framework. no errors, it installs fine but when i try to launch the app it does nothing, i tried an older version 1.12 as well as the latest version 1.13 and had the same issue.

Edited by xboxhaxorz

Does the application (GUI) show up at all?

Also, are there any infections present on your system? If so, you may want to make a copy of the Anti-Malware Toolkit to your desktop and rename it to amt.exe and see if it runs/appears then.

P4 2Gig 1500MB DDR2 2x 500GB HDD VIA Mainboard Built by me

Would a hijackthis log help? I too have no idea why it would not load. I never had this type of issue before.

Edited by xboxhaxorz

Well, I have a question/comment (may be totally wrong).

Question -

Does the PC have HT (Hyper-Threading Technology, i.e. "virtual dual-CPU")? Note my terminology may not be entirely accurate...

Comment -

If so and you don't have the BIOS set correctly (there's a setting for it in there), it will run at an extreeemeeely slow speed and may take foooreeever to load anything (if at all). This is what my brother's problem was; battery dead, so shut-down reset it to "go slow mode".

Just a thought...

• 2 months later...