Microsofts Website Problems

Service pack 3 was released in April of 2008. The Conficker worm patch was MS08-067, from October 2008.

So where is the patch?

MS08-067 is a Security Bulletin not a patch.

Edited by COKEDUDEUSF

• 4 months later...

Even after applying this patch I am still having this same problem. Does anyone have any other ideas? I just reformatted my computer and installed this patch before even connecting to the internet and I still have this same problem :(.

You absolutely sure it's just that one machine? Seems odd that a reformat and patch without network connectivity would result in the same behavior (also assuming you only reinstalled XPSP3 and the patch from known-uninfected media, as well).

You absolutely sure it's just that one machine? Seems odd that a reformat and patch without network connectivity would result in the same behavior (also assuming you only reinstalled XPSP3 and the patch from known-uninfected media, as well).

I only have one machine. No one uses my computer but me. Also no virus scanners can find the bloody thing at all.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=0D5F9B6E-9265-44B9-A376-2067B73D6A03&displaylang=en

Why doesn't this patch give you an error message if you already have it installed? I installed this patch 3 times in a row with no error message. Does this patch not support slipstreaming? I slipsteamed it into my XP disc.