Windows 95 2.1GHz CPU Limit BROKEN!

• 6 months later...

3 hours ago, shelby said:

I use it for my i7 and it does not work :(

It does work. But you may have any of a number of other problems that prevent you from even installing.
In case you really want help, you shold describe as completely as possible what exact happens, since "it does not work" is way too vague to allow any meaningful help from our members.

5 hours ago, shelby said:

I use it for my i7 and it does not work :(

As dencorso has already pointed out I will need a lot more information in order to even attempt to address your issue.

What is the exact model and clock speed of the CPU? What motherboard are you running it on? How much RAM do you have (and if more than 512MB do you have rloew's RAM patch to fix it)? What steps did you take during installation? What exactly happens, and what error, if any, do you get? Those questions, at least, must be answered to begin with.

ok i installed the win95 and when i retarted the cupmuter it gave me this error

"While initializing device NDIS:

Windows Protection Error. You need to restart your computer."

then i entered in the desktop with the safe mode just to run the DUN14-95.EXE then i restarted my computer and it was the first and the only time i enter the windows normally then when i restart the computer it gives me always the above error

Edited by shelby

9 hours ago, shelby said:

ok i installed the win95 and when i retarted the cupmuter it gave me this error

"While initializing device NDIS:

Windows Protection Error. You need to restart your computer."

then i entered in the desktop with the safe mode just to run the DUN14-95.EXE then i restarted my computer and it was the first and the only time i enter the windows normally then when i restart the computer it gives me always the above error

So, did you use the latest FIX95CPU (v3) as instructed or are you using an older version? DUN14-95.EXE is still a recommended update but when using FIX95CPU as intended it should not be necessary to install it in order to get the system to boot.

Boot into Safe Mode again and check the version of the NDIS.VXD file in the WINDOWS\SYSTEM folder (right click on it, choose Properties, then examine the Version tab) and report the results here. If it is not version 4.00.1113 then you need to re-run FIX95CPU per the instructions.

You still didn't answer my other specific questions. It is important to know the specific details of the processor you're using since it is possible that there may be further bugs with CPUs clocked above 3.73 GHz as this is the highest clocked CPU I have to test with.

here is the version of the NDIS.VXD file and i found what i did wrong. The iso file does not contain the same files with the diskette

image.jpg

Edited by shelby

9 hours ago, shelby said:

i have the i7 4790 @3,6 GHz. i wil check the file and i will report the results

8 hours ago, shelby said:

here is the version of the NDIS.VXD file and i found what i did wrong. The iso file does not contain the same files with the diskette

Yes, you must keep the updated files installed by the FIX95CPU script. If older files from the original CD SETUP are allowed to overwrite them then it will undo the patch. Glad you got it working!

10 hours ago, shelby said:

can this work on win 98/me? is there any way to take the win95 updates?

Windows 98 Second Edition and Windows ME do not need this patch as they don't suffer from the CPU clock speed bug to start with. Microsoft issued an official HotFix for Windows 98 First Edition (RTM), Q312108, which can be found here.

13 minutes ago, dencorso said:

You really manage to be terse, now, don't you?  :wacko:

What those floppies correspond to in your hardware?
Which 9x are you on, presently?
Efkharistó polí!

these floppy disks appeared when i put the FIX95CPU in win95 so do you know how can i remove them?