Windows 95 2.1GHz CPU Limit BROKEN!

EDIT 06-10-2013:

THIS LINK IS NOW TO THE OLD VERSION 2.0. SEE THE NEXT POST, OR THE FIRST POST OF THIS THREAD FOR THE NEW VERSION 3.0.

Due to reported problems with MDGx's website :ph34r::( , Drugwash has kindly provided a new download link for FIX95CPU.

This will be in effect until we find out what is going on... :unsure:

Edited by LoneCrusader

• 1 month later...

FIX95CPU has been updated to version 3.0.

Get the new version here.

See the first post of this topic for what's new in this version. If you have already successfully installed FIX95CPU on Windows 95 OSR2, there is no need to update. This new version mainly addresses issues specific to Windows 95 RTM.

Special thanks to TmEE for hosting the new version. :thumbup

Edited by LoneCrusader

• 10 months later...

Hi i have still a problem installing win95 on my machine :(

after the first reboot during installation, i put the disc with fix95cpu and do the process. Then i reboot put the win95 cd in the drive and let it boot, then there is "Windows wird gestartet..." (Windows is starting) for a second or two, after that the windows 95 logo appear and after that i get "Windows-Schutzfehler. Starten Sie den Computer neu." (Windows protection error. You need to restart your computer).

My mainboard is the Asus P4V533-MX with Pentium 4 3,06GHz (SL6PG).

Would be greast if someone could help me.

xTMODx

after the first reboot during installation, i put the disc with fix95cpu and do the process. Then i reboot put the win95 cd in the drive and let it boot, then there is "Windows wird gestartet..." (Windows is starting) for a second or two, after that the windows 95 logo appear and after that i get "Windows-Schutzfehler. Starten Sie den Computer neu." (Windows protection error. You need to restart your computer).

xTMODx

Could you please provide more detailed specs for your machine? How much RAM are you using?

xTMODx

Could you please provide more detailed specs for your machine? How much RAM are you using?

Sure, 512 MB DDR1 RAM. A Voodoo 5 5500 AGP & Terratec Solo 1 Soundcard.

Actually i have windows 98 se, windows me & windows xp working on this machine.

When i tried to install windows 95 i had nothing of them installled. I wanted to start with windows 95. But now i have a spare partition for windows 95 to test.

• 3 weeks later...

LoneCrusader. I am hoping you are able to help me.  I am in desperate need of breaking the same speed barrier you have been so successful with in Win95 in Win98. I have attempted to use your Win95 patches, but it just won't take and I have been unable to locate the patch that is supposedly out there somewhere.  Any direction is apprecaited.

I'm currently running a Win98 FE VM on Windows Virtual PC because VirtualBox hates me. But I need, if at all possible, to be able to port this VM to a system with more power than the current one.

• 1 month later...

I'm getting ready to set up some old systems for testing vintage (over 10 years old) graphics cards, and this site was one of the first google sent me to. This was the second thread. Very useful, thank you for the work you put in to testing and distributing this patch. First system I'll be setting up won't need it (5x86, 32MB ram - until I find another 32MB FPM to add to it), but all my AGP systems are faster than 350 MHz :) Also I wouldn't have known about RLoew's memory patch if I hadn't found this site. Was about to go to bed when I found this thread, have spent two hours reading!

Looking forward to getting some legacy systems running the way I want them to run :)

• 9 months later...

I managed to install from floppy the program to make win95 run. No errors and it confirms windows will now run. It runs in safe mode but I still get the same error message when trying to load normally. What am I doing wrong