Someone is using my Yahoo e-mail account to send messages

leoliver

Hi Everyone,

A few weeks back , I started receiving a-lot of notices concerning failed e-mail delivery attempts, that some how were sent using my Yahoo e-mail address. I never sent any of these message , nor do I know how or who sent them.

Some of the attended Recipients had hot-mail accounts , some live-mail and other e-mail accounts. I changed my Yahoo password , but the failed e-mail delivery notices keep appearing in my Yahoo mail Inbox.

Today I ran both a anti-virus and anti-spyware scans , on my WinXP Pro SP3 computer. The Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

came up with 2 cases of the Pup.Malware.tool on my computer , and my Avira AntiVir Personal came up with 2 cases of the TR/Drop.Softomat.AN being in my System Restore directory. All were Quarantined . I ran the scan just a few hours ago. I don't know if these malware/Trojans had anything to do with my Yahoo problem.

I have never had this problem before , so I wanted to ask what steps I can take to deal with the problem of someone else using Yahoo e-mail address.

I'm pasting below the text report I received following my last notice of a failed e-mail delivery attempt from my Yahoo e-mail account...........

"Return-Path: <leoliver@yahoo.com>

Received: from web192c0.megawebservers.com (web192c0.megawebservers.com [216.251.35.192])

by mailrelay3.megamailservers.com (8.13.6/8.13.1) with ESMTP id o0MMWkgY021287;

Fri, 22 Jan 2010 17:32:46 -0500

Received: from localhost (beachavenuemedical.com@localhost [127.0.0.1])

by web192c0.megawebservers.com (8.13.6/8.12.6/SuSE Linux 0.6) with SMTP id o0MMWXEX011691;

Fri, 22 Jan 2010 17:32:34 -0500

To: <alain.heuze@wanadoo.fr>, <alain.heurtel@wanadoo.fr>,

<alain.heulet@wanadoo.fr>, <alain.heuninck@wanadoo.fr>

Subject: Aware of V-pilule advantages?

Reply-To: <leoliver@yahoo.com>

Message-ID: <01CA9BB2.2D1B16FE@yahoo.com>

X-Priority: 3 (Normal)

Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 17:28:51 -0600

MIME-Version: 1.0

Content-Type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1

Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit"

Feedback will be appreciated !

have you reported this to yahoo?

this might not have anything to do with your account being stolen and someone could just send out email's spoofing your email as source.since im not using yahoo i do not know if there's any security option in composing section of the email but i think its best that you let yahoo know about this.

(The entire header looks bogus) It's one of many typical spammer tricks designed to candlelight some one into doing something detrimental - Either over tweak and ruin their spam filtration software, or just confirm their address is valid so the game can go to the next level.

If you've eliminated the obvious, the best thing to do is nothing.

Subject: Aware of V-pilule advantages?

JFYI ;):

http://ibw.cwbuechler.com/newblog/?p=1374

7. “Aware of V-pilule advantages? – make your hose greater” Submitted by wages

We have nearly 500 foot of garden hoses, we do not feel the need to make our hose greater. We also are not aware of the V-pilule advantage, but might assume that it is similar to having a Croatian to English dictionary.

:P

Now, seriously, the SPAMmers appear to be using megawebservers/megamailservers, you should report what is happening to them:

http://www.megawebservers.com/

http://www.megamailservers.com/

The hxxp://beachavenuemedical.com/ appears like a compromised site:

http://whois.domaintools.com/beachavenuemedical.com

that tries to run a "fake antivirus" script on access. :ph34r:

jaclaz

I remember making a post awhile ago when spammers used my website's email address and sent me emails "from" it, but it turned out they just put my email in the from line.

I was going to post something else but suddenly thought it would be a bad idea. :whistle:

Thanks for all of your replies. I contacted Yahoo , and they replied that someone had probably harvested my yahoo e-mail address from another person's computer. Someone who had malware on their computer , which enabled the spammer's to harvest my e-mail address from the other person's Yahoo address book.