Flash 10 in Firefox with KernelEX not working

I'm unable to get Flash 10 to work with either Firefox or IE6 using KernelEX. I've tried several versions of each and Firefox and IE both crash on any Flash site. I'm thinking now that the problem could be with Java or Javascript but I don't quite understand how they work or which versions to have. I also wonder if my problem could be with Avast Antivirus. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris

Chris,

did you try to disable "Next Generation Plugin" in Control Panel/Java/Advanced/Plugins ?

If you do not find or have Java in the Control Panel, go to the Start Menu, then Find and tape: "Javacpl.exe". When found, click on it and when it opens you will have the riders. Go to advanced, then click on the "+" before "Plugins". Remove the indicator before "Next Generation Plugin".

Then it should work (at least in IE, don't have Firefox).

Rodger

• 1 month later...

@Tihiy

Do you have information that Flash 10 will not run on older hardware that works with Flash 9? I also have P3 800Mhz and can not seem to get Flash 10 to work. No errors, plugin installs in mozilla, but no rendering on page and no error. Not using KEx at this time but W95 file browser, not that it matters.

My processor is listed as only supporting MMX and SSE.

This would explain why so many can run it and so many can't...

• 2 weeks later...

In my Win98se pc, Flash 9 and 10.0.45.2 make kernel32.dll or krnl386.exe crash when I use Firefox or Opera.

The problem occurs in Japanese version or Traditional Chinese version of Win98se, and it has nothing to do with KernelEX.

I solved the problem by using Resource Hacker to edit all NPSWF32.dll.

1. Take 9.0.151.0 for example, I search Version Info -> 1 -> 1033 first.

2. Change VALUE "FileVersion", "9,0,151,0" to VALUE "FileVersion", "9,0,151,00", and select Compile Script to save the file.

3. Delete NPSWF32_original.dll.

For Flash 10.0.45.2, just change VALUE "FileVersion", "10,0,45,2" to VALUE "FileVersion", "10,0,45,02".

Flash 8 and earlier versions of Flash 10 do not have the problem.

In my case I had to set my display adapter to 32-bit color before Flash 10 would run. At 16 bits it would crash every time. (I didn't try the 24-bit setting.)

HTH. Side effect is that RP9 looks much nicer too.