chupacabra

I would like to remove those 2 Services

Networking service and management and monitoring tools,

261j7cy.jpg

By networking servicess i was able to remove

Rip listener

Simple Tcp IP services and Universal Plug and Play

--im not able to find Internet gateway device discovery and control client--

is there any way to remove --Networking service and management and monitoring tools,-- directly from Win XP CD ?

Plz help , it shouldn't be so difficult for you guys...

Edited by chupacabra

Not sure but I'd try removing SNMP from services section for Management and Monitoring tools and for Networking Services, Aplication Layer Gateway from Services section and Peer to peer from Network section. Check dependencies.

Not sure but I'd try removing SNMP from services section for Management and Monitoring tools and for Networking Services, Aplication Layer Gateway from Services section and Peer to peer from Network section. Check dependencies.

Yeah i just checked them , the problem is; --Internet gateway device discovery and control client-- is still there (all otherz i checked are gone)

f4mrth.jpg

So is there any way to remove ----Internet gateway device discovery and control client-----

Help !! :ph34r:

o yeah and also i was not able to remove/find --printing servicess for unix---

help!! :wacko:

Edited by chupacabra

See this.

Search, search, search.

e i dont understand how to , can you help me out... what should a import and how.?

I just downloaded RunOnceEx.cmd Creator, what now ?

it would be great to get explanation... i git no time for searching the forums. its just one file that needs to be modified.. and it should be placed where ?

for me this would take hourz...

Edited by chupacabra

Sorry the link I posted is only to uninstall the feature not to remove it from the list. And you have it uninstalled.

If you want remove the feature permanently in your XP source do:

- Run ..\XPSOURCE\I386>expand -r netoc.in_

- Edit netoc.inf and remove "BEACON" under "[Optional Components]" section.

- I suppose the sections and strings referring to the components you're removing can also be removed though nLite don't do it. So not sure of this point.

- Save and run ..\XPSOURCE\I386>makecab netoc.inf

- Run ..\XPSOURCE\I386>del netoc.inf netbeac.in_

Edited by strel

Sorry the link I posted is only to uninstall the feature not to remove it from the list. And you have it uninstalled.

If you want remove the feature permanently in your XP source do:

- Run ..\XPSOURCE\I386\expand -r netoc.in_

- Edit netoc.inf and remove "BEACON" under "[Optional Components]" section.

- I suppose the sections and strings referring to the components you're removing can also be removed though nLite don't do it. So not sure of this point.

- Save and run ..\XPSOURCE\I386\makecab netoc.inf

- Run ..\XPSOURCE\I386\del netoc.inf netbeac.in_

Sorry, how to opan and edit, netoc.inf? I tryed with notepad im only able to see some characsters.. i tryed with no ++, i tryed with all kind of ..stuff

23jn3go.jpg

i dont understand , how to run yhose files, sorry man .. :wacko: w

what i did i deleted netoc.inf - installed winwows, its also cool , but i get prot on start , that soeme dll is missing... :lol:

Edited by chupacabra

It's compressed you have to expand it previously, follow the instructions exactly, when I say run I mean from the command line.

cool , ok i extracted te file by using winrar, removed becon under......

compressed file , renamed it to in_ and rewriten it.. ok ill test now ....

this is what i get when using NLITE

2z4wbdg.jpg file is in (fkn cabinet !!

ziunw4.jpg it got corrupted when removing "BEACON" under "[Optional Components]" section. ?

this is file after edit WTF

xandxy.png

i extracted the file , edited the file, i Compressed file back. however i didn't used CMD im not good with it. :(

Edited by chupacabra

chupacabra, I am not sure what all you are up to, but you cannot just rename a compressed file to .XX_. You must create these CAB files using a command like makecab. Do a Help and Support on makecab. You use it in a command prompt against the file you want to compress. As long as you are compressing one file at a time, simply type 'makecab fileA.xyz' in a command prompt (without the 's). It will create a file called fileA.xy_ and you will be good to go. Enjoy, John.

You need to, up to you. Ask what you need.

ok look, i dont understand the path i need to type , this is the location of netoc.in_ at my computer

2crttl5.jpg

o53uyh.jpg

so what to type, i need it exact, from start..... that would be cool....(yeah im a noob :yes: )

First you need to know the route to your xpsource folder, x: (unit letter) \folder\folder\xpsource\...

Go to the command line and type:

cd /d x:\folder\folder\xpsource\i386

Then follow the intructions above exactly.

Edited by strel