Unable to work with nLite

trailmax

Hello everybody,

I'm trying to use nLite, it asks me for folder with WinXP files, creates a copy of files in a separate folder and then spits out an error message. Error dialog has an option to exit or continue. If I click Continue, then it stops on the screen "Locating the Windows installation". I have left the computer in this stage overnight and no changes.. It looks like there is not activity behind this screen, as CPU is not used at all.

It looks like some libraries are not set up properly on my WinXP.. or maybe my setup is confusing nLite: I work under Linux. WinXP is running inside of VirtualBox. In that WinXP I try to work with nLite.

First I've tried nLite 1.4.9.1, then I've installed 1.4.8 and no change in the behavior.

Screenshot of stuck screen: post-275096-1264077107_thumb.jpg

Error message: nlite_error.txt

Any ideas on this problem?

Thanks in advance,

Max

Edited by trailmax

trailmax, it looks like to me that you have a .NET Framework problem. What version do you have installed? At least 2.0 is required. If you have this version, then DL a fresh copy from the MS DL Center, remove your current copy (use Add/Remove), install the DLed one and update it. Please report back as to your result. Please use the 1.4.9.1 version of nLite. Enjoy, John.

hi trailmax! welcome to msfn. try to see this post? is it the same screen? ;) cheers!

Thanks for the link, I did use search, but did not manage to find the thread you are linking to.

It did help to pass the error message: I have changed the drive where I keep the files for nLite. Before I tried to store them on a network drive, then I moved it to C:\nXP. And that worked!

We can mark the problem as resolved and close it)