Watchtower Library 2009 Kernelex

Hello. First off I would like to to thank everyone who worked on the KernelEX project. Its rather amazing, keep up the good work. :thumbup

So far I have managed to get Firefox 3 and Flash 10 working without too much trouble. Youtube works....WOOo!

I would like to see if I can get Watchtower Library 2009 working with it. So far I have been able to get passed the installation, by using KernelEX, and changing the Windows version with regedit.

But whenever I try to load it, I get this error:

"A required .DLL file MSVCP90.DLL was not found"

Anyway I can fix this? I'm running Windows 98SE with the SP2.

Thanks in advance,

Mega

Huh? Well then extract DLLs out of that exe into \windows\system or app directory.

Using WinRAR I extracted all the files into c:\windows\system. Now I get these two errors:

Error.bmp

TotalCommander / CTRL+PageDown an file Vc_r_9x.exe = > Select all and copy any directory. Problem?

Huh? Well then extract DLLs out of that exe into \windows\system or app directory.

Using WinRAR I extracted all the files into c:\windows\system. Now I get these two errors:

Error.bmp

TotalCommander / CTRL+PageDown an file Vc_r_9x.exe = > Select all and copy any directory. Problem?

I moved all the files already. They are all in the C:\windows\System Directory.

• 2 weeks later...

Uninstall Watchtower Library 2009 and delete it's folder in "Program Files", if it still exists after uninstallation (To clear any VC2008 files installed there).

Then install/copy the VC2008 files into your windows\system folder.

Reboot.

Reinstall Watchtower Library 2009.

Also, you may want to try enabling compatibility mode for that program (Try disabling KEX extensions, or enabling compatibility mode for Windows XP SP3).

• 4 weeks later...

Uninstall Watchtower Library 2009 and delete it's folder in "Program Files", if it still exists after uninstallation (To clear any VC2008 files installed there).

Then install/copy the VC2008 files into your windows\system folder.

Reboot.

Reinstall Watchtower Library 2009.

Also, you may want to try enabling compatibility mode for that program (Try disabling KEX extensions, or enabling compatibility mode for Windows XP SP3).

Sorry I have not been around in awhile. Thank you for your reply, I will try that and get back to you.

The Vc_r_9x.exe installer seem to run when you click on it, but doesn't appear to do anything. I ran the installer through Inctrl5 and it reported no new files or registry changes.

Extract the files manually to a temp location, then right click on Vcredi90.inf and select install. The files will be copied to their proper locations and an uninstall string will be created.

Extract the files manually to a temp location, then right click on Vcredi90.inf and select install. The files will be copied to their proper locations and an uninstall string will be created.

Besides installing them using the .inf, it's quite probable you'll have to patch all the .EXEs and all the .DLLs, both from the runtimes and from the application you want to run with steelbytes ExeVersion, before getting them to run successfully.

Besides installing them using the .inf, it's quite probable you'll have to patch all the .EXEs and all the .DLLs, both from the runtimes and from the application you want to run with steelbytes ExeVersion, before getting them to run successfully.

KernelEx disables version checking in the system so files generated by MSVC2008 and its runtime DLLs can be run without alteration.

• 2 years later...