Windows PE - Explorer File manager

lainski

Hey,

I'm trying to get explorer running in PE and am struggling. This is the first time i am doing this kind of thing so I am getting lost quite abit. I have seen posts out there but I havent been able to get them working. Is there anyone out there that can provide me with a guide or tutorial on how to get this up and running. Your help is appreciated.

Cheers

Which WinPE version? Have you looked at LiveXP for a sample? Explorer has several dependency modules when included will allow Explorer to function (no, don't remember which - it was trial-and-error; use Process Explorer to find out easily).

Jackal - I am looking for a file manager, however I would also like to get a tool working that will allow us to create new adminstrator accounts. I have looked at few password editing tools like ntpwedit it does load the local accounts but doesn't allow u to create new local admin accounts.

Regarding the file management tools have you got any in mind? I've tried cubicexplorer & snowflake. I can get snow flake to work but it is a bit slow & cubicexplorer has multiple errors when it launches in PE.

Submix8c - i am using winpe 2.0. I haven't looked at livexp. I'll have a look at process explorer & see if I can make some sense of it.

Thanks for your help guys! :thumbup

• 5 weeks later...

I'm also looking for a way to get explorer and shortcuts working in winpe 3.0.

I would like to make the interface a little more user friendly than the ugly grey background.

I have nu2 and a bunch of plugins working along with all drivers, network etc but it's still wayyy ugly.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm also looking for a way to get explorer and shortcuts working in winpe 3.0.

I would like to make the interface a little more user friendly than the ugly grey background.

I have nu2 and a bunch of plugins working along with all drivers, network etc but it's still wayyy ugly.

Hi, I use Total Commander is a Portable aplication, just copy the content of the folder in system32 and that´s is all, Note: you need have XML suppot Installed on WINpe