displayed flags of members

Kiki Burgh

hello! just like to ask if there's a feature that would enable a hover-like function on flags displayed in member's post, especially for those whose From: entry is not visible? what i do when i see interesting/informative posts (if not check on profile) is check on flags to see the member's country of origin & check on their time-zone as i feel it'd help to post inquiries when time is most appropriate ... however, i do not know each nation's flag so i still look it up to be able to identify it correctly ...

... this is just a wishful thinking :rolleyes:

cheers!

Nope there is nothing built in. I thought about making a mod to do that but it simply isn't worth the trouble since its such a small thing, and not many people would make use of it. If the forum's HTML output did indeed meet the XHTML standard in the doctype, you'd have to see those hover text, as image alt text is required. Here's hoping for something in the future!

I have only tried to hunt down a couple of the flags, but more out of curiosity (wth is that?) than altruistic thoughts of helping others at times most convenient to them.

If an href like the "view member profile" over the user uploaded image is easily done throughout, that would totally meet a demand I had like twice.

**You'd need proper names, trying to guess the abbreviated filenames is equally as tough as trying to type a description of the flag into google. I would have never got rp.gif if you hadnt filled out the from section.

Edited by iamtheky

What I usually do is a "save image as" of the flag not completing it to see the file name, and then google for "xx country code". Don't work with all codes, for example Chad flag is cd but first level domain is td an nomal country code around too, and furthermore his flag is almost equal to Romania, Andorra and Moldavia flags so it has been the most difficult flag I identified, precisely today.

Edited by strel