T39 takes ages

Hello All :hello:

During my unattended installation the process has started hanging (approx 7 mins) just before/at T39 stage. I understand the issue regarding cat files (over 150 etc) could be an issue, but I don't have any hotfix's integrated to my setup. I am hoping someone has had a similar experience and also managed to solve this issue. Any advise/ideas would be most welcome. Many thanks.

hi adjn! could be caused by driver signing (&/or catalog files) ... i've had similar issues at t-39 & here are some links that might shed even a bit of light to this ...

Remove Catalog Files: Yes or No?, Advanced Hotfix Integration

XP Home installation hangs @ 39 minutes, specifically, this:

The 39 min mark is at the start of setup, setup does the following in order:

1 - registers catalogs so it can check digital signature of files

2 - Installs core hardware such as cpu, hard disk, drivers

3 - starts step 1 of 3

So what you're looking at is either 1) corrupt core files, 2) digital signing broken, 3) hardware issues

Upload your setuplog.txt (which shows what setup did), and setupapi.log (which logs hardware detection), and setuperr.log (if you have it). I'll look at the files if you want and tell you what is wrong.

Weird HIVESFT Error, 16Mb HIVESFT????

Long Pause at T-39 before GUI loads

& some posts:

as for removing the cat files, i agree that this actually hastens the installation process as i used to experience being stuck at 39 mins without any progress (for long hours) ... which was kinda apparent when i used nLite to slipstream multitude of hotfixes ... if i may quote:
click advanced, remove cat files ;) + disable windows file protecion in the patches section

its not stuck, just going through the files really slowly!

my installation was stuck at 39 minutes ... i even left it ovenight --- exactly for 12 hours but still no go!

i allowed this to happen for the nth time thinking that it was just taking its time ... as apparently sys was not hung as i could still toggle num lock, scroll lock & caps lock keys ...

btw, this has already happened to me using nLite (& I was advised to "remove cat files + disable windows file protecion in the patches section") --- apparently it resolved the issue but still my question back then (until now Ü) was what effect would it have on my OS installation source

btw, would you happen to have modified files? please let us know if you get to resolve this & how ... cheers!

Edited by Kiki Burgh

Thank you for your replies and links. Much appreciated.

My setup is basic XP Pro with SP2 and includes four addons (dx9c, reshack, dx9 cpl, msconfig) taken from RVM's site, not sure if they constitiute as modified files. I have integrated these files many times and never encountered any problems. All my drivers are installed from disc (using the guide from this site) and coincidently they have stopped installing aswell.

I will continue to investigate and curtainly supply details if I find a fix. Please feel free to offer further ideas that could possibly fix this annoying issue.

Many Thanks

hi adjn! could you try: using a clean (or different) source just to rule out that your source OS has become faulty (see if your install gets past your current hurdle) &/or for the sake of keeping it simple/basic, try without any addon, even if they used to work (& see if you get past t-39) ... else, possible hw issue ... share with us what you discover ... cheers!