KB892130

Kiki Burgh

hi! since there is no direct link published by ms (or is there ... for a more current 1 than this file: windowsxp-kb892130-enu-x86_72e487d115be77f49f64053893a23ecb58bc59cb.exe? ;) ) for KB892130, does any of the following cover for it's absence in HF:

\HFSLIP\HFCABS\LegitCheckControl.cab

\HFSLIP\HF\WindowsXP-KB905474-ENU-x86.exe

also, what would prevent validation plug-in from being asked to be installed from within firefox & ie?

though i don't exactly recall if i was prompted using my latest build where i had the following:

\HFSLIP\HF\WGAPluginInstall.exe

\HFSLIP\HF\windowsxp-kb892130-enu-x86_72e487d115be77f49f64053893a23ecb58bc59cb.exe

it's quite annoying to go through validation esp when downloading updates from ms (if 1 has genuine os).

raised related concern here

thanks!

Edited by Kiki Burgh

hi! since there is no direct link published by ms (or is there ... for a more current 1 than this file: windowsxp-kb892130-enu-x86_72e487d115be77f49f64053893a23ecb58bc59cb.exe? ;) ) for KB892130, does any of the following cover for it's absence in HF:

windowsxp-kb892130-enu-x86_72e487d115be77f49f64053893a23ecb58bc59cb.exe contains 1.7.69.2

LegitCheckControl.cab contains 1.9.9.1 assuming you got it from download.microsoft.com/download/C/0/C/C0CBBA88-A6F2-48D9-9B0E-1719D1177202/LegitCheckControl.cab or http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=39204

WindowsXP-KB905474-ENU-x86.exe contains 1.9.40.0

1.7.69.2 is the minimum needed for WU

appreciate it -X- ... i'm just not sure now if this could be processed in HF ... i recall tc used to have links to updates containing long file names ...

if i have \HFSLIP\HFCABS\LegitCheckControl.cab, would it be safe to say i don't need the other 2?

i just don't like it when i still get instruction to download validation plugins when downloading from ms either using ie8 or ff357 ...

i've seen from your list that you recommend WGA_Validation_AddOn_1.9.40.0-2_-_redxii.7z ...

cheers!

Edited by Kiki Burgh

>if i have \HFSLIP\HFCABS\LegitCheckControl.cab, would it be safe to say i don't need the other 2?

Correct. Except you will be bugged by WU to install that nasty notifications. :realmad:

>i just don't like it when i still get instruction to download validation plugins when downloading from ms either using ie8 or ff357 ...

I don't use IE so not sure what WGA downloads require. I would presume 1.9.9.1 since my npLegitCheckPlugin.dll in my FF plugins folder is v1.9.9.1. and I never have a problem.

>i've seen from your list that you recommend WGA_Validation_AddOn_1.9.40.0-2_-_redxii.7z

Yeah but that's and add-on for nLite or RyanVM Integrator. It adds...

; For hiding WGAN

HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Genuine Advantage","InstallID",0x0,"{30F230D0-7940-499e-8A01-748682288985}"

to the registry so WU thinks you've installed notifications.

Does HFSLIP do add-ons?

thanks -X-!

Does HFSLIP do add-ons?
yeah it does too since ver 1.0 :thumbup as documented in Extras
3. Application addons

Application addons are programs or utilities reworked into specially crafted CAB or 7z files which contain binaries to be placed in the Windows source, as well as a configuration file explaining what needs to be done with those files and how Windows setup should install them. These addons were originally made for other slipstreaming and integration tools such as nLite, but support was added into HFSLIP as well.

HFSLIP handles three types: those which add files into I386 of which the installation is regulated from SYSOC.INF, those which place binaries into the SVCPACK folder, and those which replace existing files in the Windows source.

Create a folder called HFAAO inside the HFSLIP folder and place the addons (cab files) in there.

For addons in CAB format, you'll need to put Microsoft's EXTRACT.EXE in the HFTOOLS folder. Windows XP users can find a copy of it on their installation CD in SUPPORT\TOOLS\SUPPORT.CAB. Users of Windows 2000 and Windows 2003 can download it free of charge from Microsoft; after you extract the Cabsdk.exe package to a temporary folder, locate the relevant file in the BIN subfolder and copy it into HFSLIP's HFTOOLS folder.

For addons in 7z format, 7za.exe is needed. You can acquire the latest 7za.exe from this page. Download the file of which the description reads "7-Zip Command Line Version", extract 7za.exe from this package and place it in HFTOOLS.

Complete changelog for HFSLIP 1.0

Extras:

* [HFAAO] added support for addons in *.7z format; this requires 7za.exe in HFTOOLS

You can acquire the latest 7za.exe from this page. Download the file of which the discription reads "7-Zip Command Line Version", extract 7za.exe from this package and place it in HFTOOLS.

* [HFAAO] support for addons adding files into i386 *and* non-CAT files into SVCPACK

* [HFAAO] minor update for latest RVM Update Pack versions

* [HFAAO] a few fixes for the slipstreaming of "SVCPACK addons"

cheers! Edited by Kiki Burgh