Difference between boooggy's and Aust list

oao

Since boooggy does not provide a list of x64 fixes to slipstream, I went and searched Microsoft for all the x64 equivalents, going by their numbers. I found that all of them except 2 had x64 equivalents.

however, I then read aust's page and he does not list 9 of those equivalents in his list.

any idea why the discrepancy and should those additional hotfixes be ignored?

Thanks.

If you want to have the most up to date wmp11 files with all the fixes use boooggy's list, if you just want just the critical security fixes then just use the ones MS update tells you to install

Here is the list I use in my Spanish x86 updatepack

BTW here is a new hotfix that is out but will not be on MS update KB974905

Edited by ricktendo64

The thing is I came up with a list based on Boooggy's x64 equivalents and it has 9 fixes more than Aust. If my list is correct, then it would mean that the 9 fixes are optional, hence they are not in Aust.

That's quite possible, but it would be good to have either of them confirm this, just to be on the safe side.

all fixes that are listed on my page are all hotfixes that microsoft released for wmp11.

of course not all are critical. and as microsoft recommends all other fixes should be added or installed only if u have that specific problem.

but.....i want to have the most up 2 date files on my cd...so thats why all fixes are listed on my site.

Edited by boooggy

Thanks.

I am like you -- who knows when a problem will pop up; and getting bugged by Windows Update defeats the purpose of going through the hassle of slipstreaming, doesn't it?

But I don't want to slipstream incorrectly -- I don't like discrepancies that I don't understand, so I need confirmation from knowledgeable people as to the source of such differences.

(BTW, I was born in Bucharest, went to school there and left Romania in 1961. Since then I visited several times.)

Edited by oao

My list of WMP11 updates are those that are offered by Windows update, a far more conservative list than Boooggy's.

For one thing my lists of updates will only ever include those items freely available on the Windows download site, they won't include hotfixes that you have to specifically request from Microsoft.