Wireless XP PC / Wireless XP laptop

| |

| |

| |

D-Link DI-524 wireless router ------- ADSL Modem

|

|

WDTV media player

The computers are in one room with the router, modem and media player in another part of the house.

The PC has a high gain antenna with good connection, the laptop is in a spot that gets a lousy connection.

I have a non-wireless PC to add into the 'computer room', this will also have a lousy connection if I use wireless.

I would like to have the three computers share a wireless connection back to the router in the other part of the house, I have a second DI-524 that I already know can't be configured to do this.

I would like some cost effective suggestions on the best way to achieve this please.

I have considered using a Wireless Access Point such as a D-Link DAP-1150 in AP Client Mode, can both the wireless computers and a wired PC connect to the AP to achieve my objective.

One last question if I may... can wired devices connect to the AP via my spare DI-524?

Many Thanks,

Michael

First, an official diagram shows how you can use this specific AP to connect wired to an Xbox, I don't think the AP cares if it is an Xbox or a PC:

http://www.dlink.com.au/Images/Product_ima...150_3_modes.jpg

Second, if your second router lets you use it in Bridge Mode, that may work also. Correction, note that each router may have to use exceptions for DHCP, or one must have DHCP disabled and use static IP.

Thanks for the replies so far, I think the following re-worded question is less confusing... :D

Will a DAP-1150 access point in either/both AP client or repeater modes link with a DI-524 router ? If so, is it possible to have wireless enabled computers access the DAP if a computer is also connected to the DAP via ethernet?

I don't have a DAP-1150 or any other access point yet so any speculative answers are unfortunately not much use, I need a proven solution before I make any purchases.

cheers,

Michael