how to install win 7 on sony

Nepali

where to get that key

i used mjkb software to find the key, but it showed be different key other than the stiker one.

The key on the COA sticker is your Retail key. It includes a limited number of online activations, after which, you will be forced to make a phone call each re-activation.

The key you found with your product key checker is likely the OEM:SLP key. It probably begins with "H4***", and each Sony Home Premium machine is activated with that OEM key in the factory. (and when restoring from the recovery partition). Sony uses the OEM:SLP method to prevent your Retail key from getting used up too quick.

<Shameless Advertisement>

Check out the DISM Tool™ it will integrate both your KEY and CERT into the Install.WIM image. Find link in my SIG.

How to create OEM DVD Recovery Disk for readers with SLIC in BIOS.

1) Click Mount Wim (choose WIM file and empty folder to mount and be sure to set image index # in combo box)

2) Press Integrate Cert, and choose you cert file

3) Copy/Paste you key into text field and push Install Key button

4) Commit WIM changes

5) Dis-Mount WIM

6) Burn with your favorite ISO software.

</Shameless Advertisement>

Edited by MrJinje

Sony uses the OEM:SLP method to prevent your Retail key from getting used up too quick.

This isn't actually the reason. OEM/SB are not allowed to activate retail keys, and consumers are not allowed to activate OEM keys. There may be some different Partner level policies different than what I know of, however.

Copy and paste ? But which key ? The key on stiker or key generated by mjkb. The are totallydifferent. Will the keybe the same for 32 and 64 bit.

In which case will b the key provided on the stiker used? If the is not needed , why ms has attached it on the back of laptop. Can the key b used with someother pc to install same virsion of os and to activate it ?

Edited by Nepali

Yes the keystarts with h4 *****. will the valid for both 64 and 32 bit?

Is this means that still my key is unused and I can use the key on the stiker to activate any same oem version on my assembled desktop PC.

Can I use the key attached on my laptop back stiker on my desktop pc on same version of os downloaded. As I knew that the key is not used on oemversion of windows 7.

Why ms is providing that key then if they are not using that key.

You've asked a lot of questions about this Sony here on the forums, and they're all related (and you're getting cross-answers in each). I'm merging them - let's try to avoid this in the future, eh? Thanks.

I've closed the other two topics, and I've merged the contents into this one and am leaving this one open. Keep install and activation questions about your Sony and Win7 here, thanks.

ok i got some clue, now i am ready to install my operating sytem..

now can i install both 32 bit and 64 bit with the same key or by the same activation backup. ?

i would like to switch back to 32 bit as previously it was 64 bit..

pls help