windows PE 3.0

bookie32

try to use autocomlete on the command line so type in D:\Proj and use the TAB key to complete

you can try the path also without "" when you have no spaces in the path

Do you have different double quotes in your scripts?

See your quotation and my "D:\Projects\WinPE\x86\Winpe_FPs\WinPE-HTA.cab"

Edited by kyor

Hi again!

Next question :w00t:

Where are the srt packages....?

The Windows Recovery Environment feature package. Provides a recovery platform for automatic system diagnosis and repair and the creation of custom recovery solutions.

i. dism /image:c:\winpe_x86\mount /Add-Package /PackagePath:”c:\program files\Windows AIK\Tools\PETools\x86\Winpe_FPs\WinPE-SRT.cab”

ii. dism /image:c:\winpe_x86\mount /Add-Package /PackagePath:”c:\program files\Windows AIK\Tools\PETools\x86\Winpe_FPs\en-us\WinPE-SRT.cab”

These files don't seem to exist even on the 3.1 supplement?

bookie32

Hi again!

Well, I have two winpe images now and have managed to get an image into VMWare that was giving me trouble....

I did, however, have a little hickup...forgot imagex.exe...but that was soon rectified with UltraISO.

I am now going to work on my images in VMWare and see if I can the apply them to my own ssd drive....

I will live this thread open while working on this....

bookie32

Hi Tripredacus :hello:

OK! I appreciate the information...

I read up a little abourt SRT and, like you say, don't seem to work very well from WAIK...

The SRT packages were on the list of packages to install and when I couldn't find them it prompted the question...

My winpe's seem to be working fine at the moment.....we will see when I test some of the functions...

Thanks again for coming by!

bookie32

I read up a little abourt SRT and, like you say, don't seem to work very well from WAIK...

Its partly by design or laziness. It shouldn't even be in the WAIK. The properly working SRT package is in the OPK version... but even so its pretty much pointless. Its a left-over from Vista that stuck around. Windows 7 came with a winre.wim already so there was never a reason to need to create your own WinRE image using the SRT package. Vista, on the other hand, did not come with a winre.wim, and everything had to be built manually.