Mobile Internet for Windows 98/Me -Internet Dongles-Mobile Broadband

esecallum

Happy New Year to All.

Anyone here know or tried to use mobile broadband internet or just mobile internet dongles with Windows 98/ME.....(Not Wi-fi).

I was in a mobile phone shop and half tempted to buy a dongle but most including vodaphone, t-mobile, orange,3,said on the dongle cd pack you could only use upwards of windows 2000 or xp,vista,win 7 ....anyone successfully installed a internet dongle on windows 98/me and which mobile network was it and which version...?....how well did it work?

thanks.

Iv got a 3 connect dongle which works on xp but wont work on 98 se iv tried running it in all compatability modes in kernel ex but iv had no joy :( i wish there was a way around this id love to get mine working too.

Unfortunately, I have had the same experience with Telstra's Next G ZTE MF626 USB modem. The USB flash drive part of the device installs fine but 98SE cannot recognize the 3G modem part of the device. The installation software (Telstra Connection Manager) installs fine, with or without Kernel Ex. Support only provides specific drivers for Windows 7.