Dell Mp3 player needs editing software

forjonny

Dell Mp3 player needs editing software

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a Dell DJ or Digital Jukebox player Generation 2. I also have a Gen 1 which works with a program called Dell DJ Explorer. This Explorer will show songs that I can edit, make genres, delete genres, rename songs, find duplicates, etc. It is a download from Delll. I am using XP with these DJs.

Ok I now received three Generation 2 DJs. The DJ Explorer does not recognize that the players are hooked up so it does not open up the interface explorer to do all the editing. I haved also tried the Red Hat software and it does the same---does not recognize the DJ is plugged in.

I tried Musicmatch JB and the stupid program takes 2 minutes before you can do anything with it. It does not help with editing, renaming, etc. I uninstalled it.

Is there something I can use with this DJ Gen 2 that I do some Genre, renaming stuff?

When I plug it into any Win XP, Vista or Win 7 the DJs show up with all the songs and renaming the songs work but when you look at the DJ's screen, the songs tags are still there and songs will look like this:

!Led Zeppelin or /(Led Zeppelin or ((Led Zeppelin or ..Led Zeppelin or (Led Zeppelin or 06Led Zeppelin. They will sometimes start up with the song and then the artist or vice versa or unknown. So they are all mixed up even though on the computer they show up just fine.

Any ideas?

I haved also tried the Red Hat software and it does the same---does not recognize the DJ is plugged in.

I think you mean Red Chair Software. I used Duebox Explorer with my gen 1 DJ until I got a Sansa Fuze recently.

Have you tried updating the firmware on those units or changing the driver mode from the Duebox tray icon?

Those Dells are flaky as hell no matter what you do really, especially tagging. I always had problems with mine.

Do yourself a favor and get rid of all of them for something newer and non-Dell.

Try removing all traces of the Dell and Red Chair software from Windows, including the DJ driver, then reboot.

Then install the Dell software only and connect one DJ. If you can access it, then try connecting each remaining DJ to a different usb port, one at a time.

Probably won't work, but you never know. I don't know what else to try.

I can see it on my computer, WinAmp and WMP but the thing is that if some of the tags have no artist and no song tag, then I would like to make a tag for it somehow and have it show up. I have about 100 songs with screwed up tags.

I used Mp3Tag to fix all the artists and songs list so they will show up on my player the right way but still when I hit "Play All Tracks" it says playing 1 of 1470 when I have 2325 mp3s on the player. The player says that I have 2325 until you do the Play All Tracks. I wonder if it will play all of them or only 1470? Can't stare at it and watch it either.