Microsoft Authorized Refurbisher Program

Redhatcc

This is basically what a company would use if they sold 2nd hand used computers to the public / non-profit company right? Can someone provide a link or more info on how to get signed up, and what the regulations of use are? Getting mixed results on google, what a day.

Check MARs website.

You probably want the Community Program, requirements seem to be 20 pc's per year minimum.

Community MAR Program

This program is for refurbishers across the globe that wish to supply refurbished PCs preinstalled with specially priced Microsoft software to qualified charities, schools and low-income families.

Additional Info

Companies who provide this service.

Edited by MrJinje

Thanks, it has been awhile since i looked into this and had lost all my bookmarks. The information you provided was great, many thanks again. We are beginning to have a surplus of used equipment and we are looking into other means of donating them. Thanks again.

??? If you're giving them away and re-install the original OEM OS/version with key used on the attached COA, I was under the impression that it becomes irrelevant. If so, then donations can be considered write-offs. (I thought this was similarly discussed in another thread; please correct me if mistaken.)

Edited by submix8c

It depends on the refurbishing/repairing done to the refurbished PC. Basically, if you replace specific hardware components (like the motherboard) or make significant changes to the components than what originally shipped on the PC, you invalidate the OEM license that was sold and shipped with the original PC, and require a new one. The MAR program offers system refurbishers to replace at a reduced cost the OS license as part of the repair cost.