How return removed components

rankena

How exactly are you removing components.

Did you mean that you removed IE via the Add/Remove Windows Components Wizard or is this an nLite question.

Maybe you could try installing IE7 or IE8

Edited by MrJinje

Did you mean that you removed IE via the Add/Remove Windows Components Wizard or is this an nLite question.

No,not in Add/Remove Windows Components Wizard.Its be too simply return :whistle: I remove components from nLite 1.4.9.1 in image.iso creating process.

OK, wrong forum, but easy answer. If installing them directly does not work, see links in previous post, then you must rebuild your nLite ISO from your untouched source.

Should be very easy, just import your INI file from teh last time. Good luck,.

Edited by MrJinje

OK, wrong forum, but easy answer. If installing them directly does not work, see links in previous post, then you must rebuild your nLite ISO from your untouched source.

Should be very easy, just import your INI file from teh last time. Good luck,.

I dont collect INI files.This means a new image creation again :wacko:

Maybe you could try installing IE7 or IE8

Without Internet Explorer Core nothing not work.

rankena, here is something to try - don't know if it will work. Insert your ORIGINAL CD and it should auto start and display the screen I have posted here. Select Install Optional Windows components. Find Internet Explorer and install it. Since this may not work, I suggest that you create a System Restore point before you start. I am curious how you are communicating with us here if nothing works? If you have a running computer (apparently you do), you could DL IE8 to a USB stick or CD and install it on your crippled machine. Good luck and please let us know how you make out. Enjoy, John.

MrJinje, I cannot answer your question but I used to use Firefox and participated in the forum. A number of people wanted to remove IE and the experts warned them not to do it! I also caution people not to remove IE since it is so intertwined with Windows. I kinda think DLing Firefox from another machine and installing it on the crippled one is another possible solution - good suggestion. Enjoy, John.