TP Link WirelessTL-WN721N N USB Adapter Problems

Paulalexsaltis

HI

Im having some issues with the beta drivers I downloaded form TP links website. Theyre specific for the windows 7 64 bit system that I am running but dont show any signal at all. The driver appears to work but doesnt allow for a connection with the OSS software either.

When I run a diagnostic I get this

post-271495-1261609981_thumb.png

post-271495-1261610287_thumb.png

I have tried to contact TP-Link via email but have had not reply, its really annoying because the only way that I can use my desktop is connected via the cable and when someone calls the house phone, the internet connection is cut and I have to re-boot my wireless modem...

Anyone got any suggestions?

Paul

Edited by Paulalexsaltis

I use a TP-Link PCI wireless card (TL-WN651G) and the software from TP-Link is useless. Not only is the driver horribly outdated, but the control panel app won't even install.

If I were you, I'd dump the TP-link software entirely and just let Windows handle it.

Win7 does an excellent job of wireless management. Plus you can backup and restore network profiles from the cmd prompt.

The only downside is I no longer have a Super G connection, but a lan will never reach 54mbps, let alone 108mbps, so it doesn't really matter.

*Just looked up your adapter. Apparently it's so new the Win7 driver is still in beta. Probably not supported at Windows Update then. You might be SOL until TP-Link updates the driver. This is why you should never be an early adopter of any technology.

Edited by SyntaxError

Hmm,

Unfotrunatley windows 7 came with my computer, I went for the ipowers specification mainly but forgot to check if it was wireless. Unfortunatley if you plug in the usb nothing happens you have to force the drivers onto the system using the device manager.

Thanks for the info if anyone has any other suggestions Im still all ears lol.

Paul