hide user account on logon screen

joew

i would like to hide user account on logon screen. from the search, it keeps on showing "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\SpecialAccounts\UserList" but after nLite there is no "SpecialAccounts". manually creating "SpecialAccounts\Userlist" with DWORD Value to 0 does not work. any help would be greatly appreciated it. thanks.

joew, what value are you setting the DWORD to zero for? It should be your account name because Userlist is a key not a value. I have the key (Windows install created by nLite, XP x64) and when I use the utility TweakUI to show and hide the Administrator account, a value of Administrator shows up with a DWORD value of zero or is deleted. So, please attach (not paste) your Last Session.ini. Make sure to always start with a fresh copy of your CD files/folders, do all your work in one nLite session and integrate only one SP. Please report when you have a solution, so others can benefit. Enjoy, John.

sorry, i should be more specific. SpecialAccounts and UserList were key and user accounts were value set DWORD to zero. This is a fresh install. I didn't think I would experience this problem so nothing was saved. I will go back to see the generated Winlite.iso can tell me anything.

joew, your Last Session.ini is in your source folder and in the Presets folder of the Program Files\nLite folder by date code. You will also find it in the ISO if you extract it - will be the source folder. Enjoy, John.

thanks for the trying, johnhc.

it looks like i went to the wrong winlogon. i didn't know there is more than one winlogon key in regedit. it is easier to do a find on regedit for "userlist" instead of clicking your way to "userlist".

yes, TweakUI works. i got lazy of clicking to the "userlist" to check so i used the find function on regedit. i checked with the virtualbox to confirm if the userlist exist on my original winlite.iso. it checked out that i went to the wrong "winlogon" key.

question, if i am using someone's computer, can i get the computer to display all user accounts with installing TweakUI?

joew, I use TweakUI but am not very knowledgeable about it. I suspect it will show all users, but don't know. Give it a try on your VM by creating a bunch of accounts. I would also think simply going to Control Panel/User Accounts will show them. You may need to be on an account with administrator privileges. Enjoy, John.