Sleep Mode & Windows Mobile Device

djackson

Hi,

I've (finally) taken the move away from XP and installed 7 Ultimate x86 (all updates installed).

Whenever the PC now resumes from sleep mode my i-mate PDA2K (running Windows Mobile 6.1) that was previously recognised and sync'd looses the plot. It comes up as an "unrecognised device". I've done a quick search and the advice was to power down and reboot the PC, and all would be right with the world again. I'd already tried this without success. Removing and reconnecting the i-mate is also unsuccessful. The only fixes I've found that work are to disable sleep mode on the PC, or to do a hard reset of the i-mate and let it be re-recognised.

While neither solution is ideal, both could be lived with more or less, just wondering if anybody else has come across this and either found a fix or a better solution...

Cheers and Seasons Greetings!

Dave

Hi,

That's the article I saw.

Just tried power down, remove power cable, wait 30 seconds (no stand-by light) and restore power... unfortunately no success. My i-mate still requires a hard reset to be recognised again. This could be just one of those things I'll have to live with, like UAC.

Cheers and Seasons Greetings!

Dave

On some of my machines BIOS there is a reset ESCD ?? Configuration setting. and if I set that in the BIOS, it discards all previous profiles of attached hardware and rescans the machine on next BIOS boot. I think it is usually in the PNP Section of Pheonix BIOS, but I may be wrong, poke around and look for anything that sounds like reset ECSD or ESCD configuraton, (cannot remember and cannot reboot my machine at the moment). If it is not there, do not be worried, only some BIOS have this setting.

Another thing that might help is some MOBO have a reset BIOS hardware jumper (check your manual), usually it is seated on pins 1+2 and to reset the jumper, you power off, unplug power supply, and then move the jumper to pins 2+3, wait 2 seconds, and place the jumper back on pins 1+2.

I continually have this problem with one of those all-in-one memory card readers.

Edited by MrJinje

Hi,

I know the BIOS section you mean, unfortunately the MOBO doesn't have that option. Also tried clearing the BIOS via the on board jumper, but no success there either.

Thanks for the assistance, I've disabled sleep mode on this PC and will just do a normal shutdown and resume.

Cheers!

Dave

Edited by djackson