External HD problems

COKEDUDEUSF

I saw your other post. I've never owned an external drive but I presume it will show up in disk management. Go in there and delete the partition. You should be able to format it after that.

I saw your other post. I've never owned an external drive but I presume it will show up in disk management. Go in there and delete the partition. You should be able to format it after that.

It doesn't think a partition exists, so it can't delete anything.

Type diskpart at a command prompt. When you get the diskpart command line type the rest of the commands. Replace # with the actual number of the problem drive.

Command line is kinda hard for some, but pictures say a thousand words. Can the OP open diskmgmt.msc and give us a screen shot of his partition's.

Start > Run > diskmgmt.msc.

Then we can safely give him a working diskpart script and not accidentally clean the wrong disk.

I used the VERY extreme method of DBAN and it did the trick.

http://www.dban.org/

Is diskpart anything like DBAN. Usually anything you have to do in DOS or with command prompts is the most extreme method possible.

Command line is kinda hard for some, but pictures say a thousand words. Can the OP open diskmgmt.msc and give us a screen shot of his partition's.

Start > Run > diskmgmt.msc.

Then we can safely give him a working diskpart script and not accidentally clean the wrong disk.

Sorry I didn't do that earlier. I don't have the ability to show it anymore since I used DBAN.