Windows Update not turning on, ideas.... ?

ProtectPC.txtProtectPC.txti Guys,

Again thanks for all the previous help. I have on here that is stumping me.

My windows updates are not turning on and Network location is not setting to Work. Everything else in the component, (added below), is working fine. Any ideas?

This is Windows 7 Enterprise so not sure if those setting will work in it also haven't read anything that says they won't.

<component name="Microsoft-Windows-Shell-Setup" processorArchitecture="x86" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="nonSxS" xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.microsoft.com/WMIConfig/2002/State" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">

<OOBE>

<HideEULAPage>true</HideEULAPage>

<NetworkLocation>Work</NetworkLocation>

<ProtectYourPC>1</ProtectYourPC>

<SkipMachineOOBE>true</SkipMachineOOBE>

<SkipUserOOBE>true</SkipUserOOBE>

</OOBE>

<TimeZone>Mountain Standard Time</TimeZone>

<UserAccounts>

<AdministratorPassword>

<Value>xxxxxx</Value>

<PlainText>true</PlainText>

</AdministratorPassword>

</UserAccounts>

</component>

ProtectPC.txt

Edited by randalldale

I noticed something today while looking again in the unattend.chm for win 7. While they list the protectyourpc and network will work in the setup shell if you look at the listing for the setup-shell protectyourpc and network are not listed.

Does this mean they actually will not work?

Its all about the .chms, read them closely for each setting you choose. Both unattend.chm and Waik.chm

SkipUserOOBE specifies whether to skip the Welcome Center pop-up window in Windows Vista®.

Note: This setting is deprecated. In Windows® 7, it has been replaced by the Getting Started application, which is available in the Start menu.

SkipMachineOOBE

If you use this setting, Windows Welcome will be skipped, and any settings that a user selects during Windows Welcome will not be configured. For example, user-account creation, language, and time-zone settings will not be configured. Some Windows features may not function, as they depend on Windows Welcome values such as ProtectYourPC, which does not include a default value.

To skip Windows Welcome, we recommend that you:

Add values for Windows Welcome screens. For information, see Automate Windows Welcome.