The File-Checker (HFSLIPFC) for HFSLIP

Mim0

Very useful, but you have coding error RE: KB2699988. According to your XP UPDATES, different files are to be included depending upon IE version. I have INI set to check for IE8, but FC still reports the version for IE6 is needed. I have attached the INI, log and stdout for HFSLIPFC.

HFSLIPFC_Archive.7z

Very useful, but you have coding error RE: KB2699988. According to your XP UPDATES, different files are to be included depending upon IE version. I have INI set to check for IE8, but FC still reports the version for IE6 is needed. I have attached the INI, log and stdout for HFSLIPFC.

Even though its for IE6, it's included to fix this bug..

(Empty dialog when opening 'Organize Favorites' from Windows Explorer)

It even says that in the error report.

http://mimo.zxq.net/updatelist.htm#table4 table 4

Edited by -X-

Maybe a bit off-topic, but I was wondering if there's a registry tweak to fool windows into thinking that the MRT has been run...any ideas?

Not anymore. WU checks for the presence of mrt.exe since about MRT version 4.0 (Sept 2011)

You used to be able to just add the guid, http://support.microsoft.com/kb/891716#13 , to suppress it.

Thanks!

So, there's no way to skip this crap, Not even unchecking it and selecting "never notify me...", because then MU tries to push the one from last month and so on...too bad.

bye!

Thx, Mimo!

I have to insist on a previous question, though: WHY does the script want rvkroots.exe in HFSVPACK??????

I slipstreamed with it in HF and MU is completely happy after installation, it DOES NOT ask for it.

Do you have an explanation?

bye!

Hi jvidal,

WHY does the script want rvkroots.exe in HFSVPACK??????

After reading these comments (1, 2) my understanding about rvkroots.exe was, that it cannot be slipstreamed by HFSLIP. And it doesn't support commandline-switches (necessary for HFSVCPACK_SW1 and HFSVCPACK_SW2) - so the only way is to put it in HFSVCPACK.

I slipstreamed with it in HF and MU is completely happy after installation, it DOES NOT ask for it.

As far as I know, it's optional (but recommended), so it will not be checked by MU/WU.

I hope I made nothing wrong - any comments appreciated! :)

As far as I know, it's optional (but recommended), so it will not be checked by MU/WU.

It's a high-priority update.

It needs a /Q switch to install silently.

Mimo, I'm not talking about auto updates, I'm talking about entering windowsupdate.com. There, it's not required, neither as HP, nor as op. That's why I insist on this.

Please test.

btw, it's the same as with rootsupd.exe, same switches and works perfectly in HF.

bye!

Edited by jvidal

Hi -X-

Where do you found this info?

It needs a /2Q switch to install silently.

It also installs silently when just running it w/o params. The problem is that the cmd-params doesn't fit for HFSVCPACK_SW1 and HFSVCPACK_SW2. So, for HFSLIP you have to put it to HFSVCPACK!

CU, Mimo

Hi -X-

Where do you found this info?

WU/MU lists 2728973 in the "important" list. It is also requested by automatic updates, it is definitely NOT optional.

It needs a /2Q switch to install silently.

It also installs silently when just running it w/o params. The problem is that the cmd-params doesn't fit for HFSVCPACK_SW1 and HFSVCPACK_SW2. So, for HFSLIP you have to put it to HFSVCPACK!

I believe you're wrong, mimo, placing rvkroots in HF works perfectly. Please test it (I did). After installation, it's not requested by neither auto updates nor by visiting windowsupdate.com and neither as important, nor as optional.

Please test it!!!

CU, Mimo

Speaking of rvkroots.exe.

I found that the rootsupd.exe (root certificates update) is specially handled by the HFSLIP script. I guess this is why it worked when putting rootsupd.exe in HF folder.

(Line 2395-2406)

IF EXIST WORK\I386E\updroots.exe (
REN WORK\I386E\authroots.sst authroot.sst
ECHO>>SOURCESS\I386\TXTSETUP.SIF authroot.sst = 1,,,,,,,998,0,0,authroots.sst&ECHO>>SOURCESS\I386\DOSNET.INF d1,authroot.sst
ECHO>>SOURCESS\I386\TXTSETUP.SIF delroots.sst = 1,,,,,,,998,0,0&ECHO>>SOURCESS\I386\DOSNET.INF d1,delroots.sst
ECHO>>SOURCESS\I386\TXTSETUP.SIF roots.sst = 1,,,,,,,998,0,0&ECHO>>SOURCESS\I386\DOSNET.INF d1,roots.sst
ECHO>>SOURCESS\I386\TXTSETUP.SIF updroots.exe = 1,,,,,,,998,0,0&ECHO>>SOURCESS\I386\DOSNET.INF d1,updroots.exe
ECHO>>SOURCESS\I386\TXTSETUP.SIF updroots.sst = 1,,,,,,,998,0,0&ECHO>>SOURCESS\I386\DOSNET.INF d1,updroots.sst
ECHO>>WORK\HFSLIPCMDP1.TXT %%SYSTEMROOT%%\HFSLIP\updroots.exe %%SYSTEMROOT%%\HFSLIP\authroots.sst
ECHO>>WORK\HFSLIPCMDP1.TXT %%SYSTEMROOT%%\HFSLIP\updroots.exe %%SYSTEMROOT%%\HFSLIP\updroots.sst
ECHO>>WORK\HFSLIPCMDP1.TXT %%SYSTEMROOT%%\HFSLIP\updroots.exe -l %%SYSTEMROOT%%\HFSLIP\roots.sst
ECHO>>WORK\HFSLIPCMDP1.TXT %%SYSTEMROOT%%\HFSLIP\updroots.exe -d %%SYSTEMROOT%%\HFSLIP\delroots.sst
)

However the script does nothing to handle rvkroots.exe.

EDIT: I found a bug in the code above. The script does not slipstream these registry entries that will be added after applying rootsupd.exe.

EDIT2: It's not a bug. Sorry, my mistake.

Edited by Explorer09

Double post. Because I've made a patch to support rvkroots.exe update in the HF folder.

The patch is this:

Replace line 2395-2406 of hfslip-1.7.10_beta_J_v9.cmd with the following code

IF EXIST WORK\I386E\updroots.exe (
IF EXIST WORK\I386E\authroots.sst (
REN WORK\I386E\authroots.sst authroot.sst
ECHO>>SOURCESS\I386\TXTSETUP.SIF authroot.sst = 1,,,,,,,998,0,0,authroots.sst&ECHO>>SOURCESS\I386\DOSNET.INF d1,authroot.sst
ECHO>>WORK\HFSLIPCMDP1.TXT %%SYSTEMROOT%%\HFSLIP\updroots.exe %%SYSTEMROOT%%\HFSLIP\authroots.sst
)
IF EXIST WORK\I386E\delroots.sst (
ECHO>>SOURCESS\I386\TXTSETUP.SIF delroots.sst = 1,,,,,,,998,0,0&ECHO>>SOURCESS\I386\DOSNET.INF d1,delroots.sst
ECHO>>WORK\HFSLIPCMDP1.TXT %%SYSTEMROOT%%\HFSLIP\updroots.exe -d %%SYSTEMROOT%%\HFSLIP\delroots.sst
)
IF EXIST WORK\I386E\roots.sst (
ECHO>>SOURCESS\I386\TXTSETUP.SIF roots.sst = 1,,,,,,,998,0,0&ECHO>>SOURCESS\I386\DOSNET.INF d1,roots.sst
ECHO>>WORK\HFSLIPCMDP1.TXT %%SYSTEMROOT%%\HFSLIP\updroots.exe -l %%SYSTEMROOT%%\HFSLIP\roots.sst
)
IF EXIST WORK\I386E\disallowedcert.sst (
REN WORK\I386E\disallowedcert.sst rvkcert.sst
ECHO>>SOURCESS\I386\TXTSETUP.SIF rvkcert.sst = 1,,,,,,,998,0,0&ECHO>>SOURCESS\I386\DOSNET.INF d1,rvkcert.sst
ECHO>>WORK\HFSLIPCMDP1.TXT %%SYSTEMROOT%%\HFSLIP\updroots.exe -l -u %%SYSTEMROOT%%\HFSLIP\rvkcert.sst
)
ECHO>>SOURCESS\I386\TXTSETUP.SIF updroots.exe = 1,,,,,,,998,0,0&ECHO>>SOURCESS\I386\DOSNET.INF d1,updroots.exe
IF EXIST WORK\I386E\updroots.sst (
ECHO>>SOURCESS\I386\TXTSETUP.SIF updroots.sst = 1,,,,,,,998,0,0&ECHO>>SOURCESS\I386\DOSNET.INF d1,updroots.sst
ECHO>>WORK\HFSLIPCMDP1.TXT %%SYSTEMROOT%%\HFSLIP\updroots.exe %%SYSTEMROOT%%\HFSLIP\updroots.sst
)
)

And the rvkroots.exe will work in the HF folder when running HFSLIP.

Seriously, without this patch, HFSLIP will (unintentionally) fool the slipstreamed Windows, thinking that the update was installed successfully.

hfslip-rvkroots-support.patch.txt

Edited by Explorer09