The File-Checker (HFSLIPFC) for HFSLIP

Mim0

I have a selected in the. Ini WM9

I have no idea which update brings the 10.x.DLLs on the system. Do you?

I think I reactivate this update for WMP9...

Hmmm...

Hi all,

I think this is an HFSLIP (1.7.9. & 1.7.10. beta x) problem, which does not properly handle the WMP multiple updates in respect of WMP9.

You can see also this post (http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/142829-missing-ieshimsdll-werdll/page__view__findpost__p__916989), referring to KB973540, but the problem (in my experience) is common to all WMP multiple updates.

For now, the only way I could solve this problem was to put all WMP multiple updates in in \HFSVCPACK_SW1 folder.

:hello: Ciao

Lions

I think this is an HFSLIP (1.7.9. & 1.7.10. beta x) problem, which does not properly handle the WMP multiple updates in respect of WMP9.

You can see also this post (http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/142829-missing-ieshimsdll-werdll/page__view__findpost__p__916989), referring to KB973540, but the problem (in my experience) is common to all WMP multiple updates.

For now, the only way I could solve this problem was to put all WMP multiple updates in in \HFSVCPACK_SW1 folder.

Hi Lions,

thx for the hint. After reading this thread I think the problem is not the same - all is running here. But I looked what's inside of wmfdist95.exe (what's the problematic update in your linked topic): wmasf.dll 10.0.0.3802 (and much more)

But wmfdist95.exe is the reason why KB941569 is needed (I think).

I will make a test...

If my thought is correct, I add a dependency in the file-checker that KB941569 is expected if wmfdist95.exe was found.

Otherwise I will put back KB941569 to this list in general for WMP9.

Edited by Mim0

I will make a test...

If my thought is correct, I add a dependency in the file-checker that KB941569 is expected if wmfdist95.exe was found.

So, I've tested the following:

using the setting from Trustee with the following changes:

- no WU/MU (I think it doesn't makes the difference)

- DON'T using wmfdist95.exe

The result: Windows-Update doesn't expecting KB941569!

So KB941569 is only needed when using WMP9+wmfdist95.exe!!!

New file-checker extension for XP:

2010-07-20
- Fixed: Reactivated KB941569 and added a dependency: This update is needed
when using the combination WMP9 + wmfdist95.exe (KB891122)
- Fixed: Update-check for Malicious Software Removal Tool v3.9

Thx @ all for reporting these bugs!!! :)

Edited by Mim0

I will make a test...

So, I've tested the following:

using the setting from Trustee with the following changes:

- no WU/MU (I think it doesn't makes the difference)

- DON'T using wmfdist95.exe

The result: Windows-Update doesn't expecting KB941569!

So KB941569 is only needed when using WMP9+wmfdist95.exe!!!

New file-checker extension for XP:

2010-07-20
- Fixed: Reactivated KB941569 and added a dependency: This update is needed
when using the combination WMP9 + wmfdist95.exe (KB891122)
- Fixed: Update-check for Malicious Software Removal Tool v3.9

Thx @ all for reporting these bugs!!! :)

Mimo,

With your new extension I'm getting KB941569 missing. I have wmp11 in the ini file. You said it only necessary for wmp9.

Can you correct this or should I put it in IGNORE?

Thanks for you time.

M2GD

With your new extension I'm getting KB941569 missing. I have wmp11 in the ini file. You said it only necessary for wmp9.

You're faster than me... :D: That's what I want to post now!

Yesterday, after uploading and shutting-down the computer I noticed that I've forgotton the remark KB941569 with the hint that's it's needed only in combination with WMP9. And the file-checker is the same what you see in my list. I have also to 'mark' KB941569 in the FC with WMP9.

Today I'll uploading it again.

Btw... KB941569 should only be listet as missing when wmfdist95.exe was found. And if you select WMP11 and use wmfdist95.exe, wmfdist95.exe should be listet as 'wrong'.

CU, Mimo

--- edit ---

Btw... KB941569 should only be listet as missing when wmfdist95.exe was found. And if you select WMP11 and use wmfdist95.exe, wmfdist95.exe should be listet as 'wrong'.

That's another thing I've fixed! This type of dependency was not handled correctly when searching for mssing updates (it just works if existing updates are checked for wrong/obsolete). :blushing:

Edited by Mim0

new file-checker:

2010-07-21
- Fixed: "+"-dependencies are now working when searching for missing updates.

new file-checker extension for XP:

2010-07-21
- Fixed: Moved KB941569 from the (general) WIN-section to WMP9

Edited by Mim0

• 2 weeks later...

Mim0, KB967715 doesn't get replaced. It adds the following reg entry. If you delete it from the registry, KB967715 reappears on WU.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\Explorer]
"HonorAutoRunSetting"=dword:00000001

Mim0, could you add a check for obsolate items in the ignore list? Maybe something like this: The ignore for WindowsXP-KB967715-x86.reg is obsolete.

And could it be possible to log what have been ignored?

Mim0, KB967715 doesn't get replaced. It adds the following reg entry. If you delete it from the registry, KB967715 reappears on WU.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\Explorer]
"HonorAutoRunSetting"=dword:00000001

Hi -X-, great hint! :) THX!!! I will update the list...

Mim0, could you add a check for obsolate items in the ignore list? Maybe something like this: The ignore for WindowsXP-KB967715-x86.reg is obsolete.

Hi NLZ, if I understood it right, the file-checker shall check if there are entries in the ignore-list which are unneeded, because the corresponding update is now obsolete?

To log missing updates which are not reported as missing because they are on the ignore-list?

Yes, if possible.

No, I mean it lists those updates that would have been checked, but left out because the ignore. So you wouldn't miss an update unintentionally because a wrongly configured ignore list.

And the link for opuc4.cab and IEAWSDC.CAB is broken.

To log missing updates which are not reported as missing because they are on the ignore-list?

No, I mean it lists those updates that would have been checked, but left out because the ignore. So you wouldn't miss an update unintentionally because a wrongly configured ignore list.

Isn't it the same?

Example:

Conditions:

- HF\abc.exe is expected (because it's an active update) but missing (the file abc.exe is not in HF)

- The ignore-list contains abc.exe, the missing update will not be reported as missing

Reaction:

write a log-message like that: Expected HF\abc.exe is missing, but it's no prob, because it's on the ignore-list

Or do you just mean to log the complete ignore-list?

New update-list for XP:

2010-08-03
- Added: WindowsXP-KB2286198-x86.reg to add the registry-entry
"HonorAutorunSetting" which is previously done by KB967715.

Thx to -X-