The File-Checker (HFSLIPFC) for HFSLIP

Mim0

thx for the update, Mimo!

BTW, what's the deal with 976323? MU is not asking for it...

If MU don't offer 976323 then you don't have the SMTP-service installed. But anyway, it's good the have the fixed Smtpsvc.dll on you're installation-CD.

Hopefully there is not the same problem that was in hfslip before beta D with the ftpsvc2.dll (see here) :)

Anyway, there are some differences between versions of different languages, and also some installed packages.

I don't have KB980232 (MS10-020: SMB Client) issue in Korean version, and KB976323 (MS10-024: SMTP Service) issue that it looks because I don't use that service or package.

I think I don't understand that...

I am sorry that I am not good at English and I made a mistake.

It means the HFSLIP users do not need to slipstream all of the update packages and some packages are only required for some languages or for some applications in Windows.

I made a mistake that I had missed a critical update KB980232 (MS10-020: SMB Client), so I thought some critical updates is required for some languages. That's not true. I am sure the critical updates is shown for all languages of Windows.

Have a nice day! :)

I have in HF folder IE8-WindowsXP-KB980182-x86-ELL but hfslip says that also WindowsXP-KB980182-x86-ELL is missing. Is this normal? I think it should be the one or the other.

It's a correct behavior :)

When using IE8, then IE8-WindowsXP-KB980182-x86-ELL is mandatory (Sec-Upd) and WindowsXP-KB980182-x86-ELL is optional to fix an error described here, and this is my solutionfor this fix.

I have in HF folder IE8-WindowsXP-KB980182-x86-ELL but hfslip says that also WindowsXP-KB980182-x86-ELL is missing. Is this normal? I think it should be the one or the other.

It's a correct behavior :)

When using IE8, then IE8-WindowsXP-KB980182-x86-ELL is mandatory (Sec-Upd) and WindowsXP-KB980182-x86-ELL is optional to fix an error described here, and this is my solutionfor this fix.

Thank you for the usefull information.

I have one more question. I use the useless kb976002-v5 to keep the WU happy but at first logon there is the popup for choosing the web browser we want to use. Is there any registry key to skip that??

I have one more question. I use the useless kb976002-v5 to keep the WU happy but at first logon there is the popup for choosing the web browser we want to use. Is there any registry key to skip that??

Sure. Here it's explained and here you find two reg-files to show or hide this window.

XP-Update-List

2010-04-29
- Added: KB981669 (Fix for MSI 4.5)
- Removed: KB958655 (Fix for MSI 4.5)

File-checker

2010-04-29
- Removed: Support for old (obsolete) INI-Settings from the
beginning of the File-checker.
- New: File-checker splitted into two files:
- FC (main): hfslipfc.cmd
(containing the functionality)
- FC-extension: hfslipfc-xp.cmd
(containing the data, default-values and update-lists)
- New: Extension-support as base for support of other OS's
- New: OS-detection (XP and 2K)

Mimo, there's s/thing wrong with the latest hfslipc, it's complaining that all my MU/WU cabs are "wrong". I don't understand the messages (see below)

I have both MU and WU selected in hfslipc.ini, they shouldn't be flagged as "wrong".

wrong (O): HF\WindowsUpdateAgent30-x86.exe (Window Update Agent 7.4.7600.226, it's for WU)

wrong (O): HF\WindowsXP-KB898461-x86-ESN.exe (Permanent copy of Package Installer, it's for WU)

wrong (O): HFCABS\LegitCheckControl.cab (Windows Genuine Advantage Validation, it's for WU)

wrong (O): HFCABS\MUAuth.cab (Microsoft Update Engine, it's for MU)

wrong (O): HFCABS\MuCatalogWebControl.cab (Microsoft Update Engine, it's for MU)

wrong (O): HFCABS\muweb_site.cab (Microsoft Update Engine, it's for MU)

Why are they "wrong"??. for example "(Microsoft Update Engine, it's for MU)". what does that mean???. Of course it's for MU, I know that, that's why I included it in hfcabs. Those messages mean nothing. Please use something clearer...

bye!

Hi there Mim0! :hello: I managed to get the hotfix WindowsXP-KB972582-x86-ENU , the fix that is for empty dialog when opening “Organize Favorites” from Windows Explorer (instead of extracting the shdocvw.dll from WindowsXP-KB980182-x86-ENU.exe).

The file checker always says it's unknown. Do I still need WindowsXP-KB980182-x86-ENU.exe? Thanks! :)

Mimo, there's s/thing wrong with the latest hfslipc, it's complaining that all my MU/WU cabs are "wrong". I don't understand the messages (see below)

I have both MU and WU selected in hfslipc.ini, they shouldn't be flagged as "wrong".

Thanks for reporting this!!!

I'm sorry but I've made an error with the last version when I've splitted the script. I've tested so much, but not WU/MU. :( Fixed!

Hi there Mim0! :hello: I managed to get the hotfix WindowsXP-KB972582-x86-ENU , the fix that is for empty dialog when opening “Organize Favorites” from Windows Explorer (instead of extracting the shdocvw.dll from WindowsXP-KB980182-x86-ENU.exe).

The file checker always says it's unknown. Do I still need WindowsXP-KB980182-x86-ENU.exe? Thanks! :)

The file-checker is always in sync the my update-list. WindowsXP-KB972582-x86-ENU is not in the list.

Where did you got this file? thehotfixshare or MS? I didn't found a hotfix-request-link in KB972582.

But you should use KB980182!!!

KB980182 - shdocvw.dll 6.0.2900.5951

KB972582 - shdocvw.dll 6.0.2900.5832

file-checker

2010-05-01
- Added: After removing parsing commandline-parameters I've decided
to add support for NOPAUSE (again) and DEBUG (new).

XP-update-list

2010-05-01
- Fixed: Using sections for WU/MU

Edited by Mim0

Hi @Mim0,

I use your new hfslipc and it said:

wrong (O): HF\msxml4-KB973685-enu.exe (XML Core Services 4.0 (MSXML4) SP3 Build

2107, it's for MSXML)

I use it for a long time. Is there anything, I missed? I want to install msxml 4..

and how can I confirm that after I install xp, msxml services are installed correctly? you know a trick?

Hi @Mim0,

I use your new hfslipc and it said:

wrong (O): HF\msxml4-KB973685-enu.exe (XML Core Services 4.0 (MSXML4) SP3 Build

2107, it's for MSXML)

I use it for a long time. Is there anything, I missed? I want to install msxml 4..

That's not currect. But... I can't produce this error. Can you attach your INI?

and how can I confirm that after I install xp, msxml services are installed correctly? you know a trick?

not a trick... as described here, check the version of the following DLLs:

Msxml4.dll 4.30.2107.0

Msxml4r.dll 4.30.2100.0

Edited by Mim0