The File-Checker (HFSLIPFC) for HFSLIP

Mim0

• For KB961742-v3.exe (also for WindowsXP-KB968930-x86-ENG.exe in table 3) I don't know the folder and so it's not included in hfslipfc. --- i have the 1st 1 in HF; i took out the 2nd 1 for it had caused troubles for me:
    hey Mim0, could you please cross-ref this with our current XP list, esp WindowsXP-KB968930-x86-ENG.exe. (this 1 has given me lots of errors. could there be other HF as requisites for this?) ... your thoughts? thanks!
    EDIT: i have confirmed that WindowsXP-KB968930-x86-ENG.exe has caused a lot of errors during text mode of setup. tried it even with & without WindowsXP-KB926139-v2-x86-ENU in HF too to see if it could address .ps1xml errors but to no avail.
  • kb890830 is now included.
  • KB909520 - I don't know the folder. --- i put it in HF
  • KB917275 is now included
  • WindowsUpdateAgent30-x86.exe is now included
  • KB898461 is now included
  • KB905474 is now included
  • KB915865 - I don't know the folder. --- i placed it in HF
  • KB936929 fixed
  • LegitCheckControl.cab included now
  • MUAuth.cab included now
  • muweb_site.cab included now
  • wsusscn2.cab - for what do you want to include this??? :)--- :) saw this from your list as a "to do" in table 8; just thought i'd try it out
  • wuweb_site.cab included now
  • WindowsXP_KB968389_x86 solution has to come --- this is the 1 that requires the .reg file
  • SmartCard_XP_x86.exe - I don't know the folder. --- for me, it's in HFSVCPACK_SW1

comments (text colored differently) inserted within the quote ... i suppose for contents in HFCABS, we must be sure to put updated files there (as there'd be no way for the script to look into each .cab's contents) ... thanks Mim0.

btw, i have posted an inquiry about msxml6-KB954459-enu-x86 vs WindowsXP-KB954459-x86-ENU *** in another post ... looking forward to your feedback about it too

Edited by Kiki Burgh

Hi Mimo!

I just tried the latest File Checker, file named hfslipfc-091213.zip, with hfslipfc.cmd dated 12/13/2009 11:58 pm, against HFSLIP files put together using your update list dated 12/11 EXACTLY, with the following results: (note the heading "File-Checker (Build 2009/12/11)")

E:\HFSLIP>hfslipfc.cmd

------------------------------------------

File-Checker (Build 2009/12/11) for HFSLIP

See following site for further details:

people.freenet.de/MisterMoster/hfslip.htm

HFSLIPFC will report missing, obsolete and

unknown updates for Windows XP SP3.

Start this from your HFSLIP-folder.

Service Pack included in source = SP3

Language: ENU (EN-US)

Selected components:

Internet Explorer = IE8

Windows Media Player = WMP11

Remote Desktop Client = RDC7

folders to check = HF\*.*;HFGUIRUNONCE\*.*;HFCABS\*.*;HFSVCPACK\*.*;HFSVCPACK_

SW1\*.*

Update-lists = hfslipfc.cmd

List missing optional updates = 1

(:-) 2009 Mimo

Press any key to continue . . .

Check for wrong, obsolete and unknown updates:

----------------------------------------------

Unknown: HF\KB961742-v3.exe

Unknown: HF\windows-kb890830-v3.2.exe

Unknown: HF\WindowsRightsManagementServicesSP2-KB917275-Client-ENU-x86.exe

Unknown: HF\windowsupdateagent30-x86.exe

Unknown: HF\WindowsXP-KB898461-x86-ENU.exe

Unknown: HF\WindowsXP-KB936929-SP3-x86-ENU.exe

obsolete: HF\WindowsXP-KB954459-x86-ENU.exe (MS08-069: XML Core Services (MSXML6

), replaced by KB973687)

obsolete: HF\WindowsXP-KB955069-x86-ENU.exe (MS08-069: XML Core Services (MSXML3

), replaced by KB973687)

Unknown: HF\WindowsXP-KB968930-x86-ENG.exe

obsolete: HF\WindowsXP-KB969898-x86-ENU.exe (ActiveX Kill Bits Update Rollup, re

placed by KB973346)

Unknown: HFCABS\IEAWSDC.CAB

Unknown: HFCABS\LegitCheckControl.cab

Unknown: HFCABS\MUAuth.cab

Unknown: HFCABS\MuCatalogWebControl.cab

Unknown: HFCABS\muweb_site.cab

Unknown: HFCABS\OGAControl.cab

Unknown: HFCABS\opuc4.cab

Unknown: HFCABS\wuweb_site.cab

Unknown: HFSVCPACK\drive_autorun.reg

Unknown: HFSVCPACK\WindowsXP_KB968389_x86.reg

Check missing updates for Windows XP SP3:

-----------------------------------------

Check missing updates for IE8:

------------------------------

Check missing updates for WMP11:

--------------------------------

Check missing updates for RDC7:

-------------------------------

The following things cannot be checked automatically (so far):

--------------------------------------------------------------

- Adobe Flash Player (in SWFLASH.CAB) must be 10.0.42.34

- The Roots Certificates Update (rootsupd.exe) must be 23.0.2195.0

Press any key to continue . . .

E:\HFSLIP>

I thought that several of the unknown items were supposed to be taken care of in this latest version. Also, all 3 of the files that are flagged as obsolete are still listed in Table 2 as required, and in fact, the file your program lists as the appropriate replacement for KB969898, ie KB973346, is listed in Table 7 as being replaced itself by KB973525.

I also noticed that Kiki Burgh is having problems with WindowsXP-KB968930-x86-ENG.exe in the post above. I assume I will, too, since I'm trying basically the same setup. Any idea what's going on?

Please don't misunderstand in any way. I think that this program and your list are absolutely GREAT and you do a fantastic job keeping it up to date and being responsive to anyone with a problem. I can see this program evolving into something along the lines of Autopatcher, or using a download mechanism similar to what's used in this tool, where you would check off the various options you want included, IE8, WMP11, etc, and it goes off and downloads all the current updates that HFSLIP needs and puts them in the correct folder for you, if you don't have them there already, and then it gives you the option of going ahead and running HFSLIP, or not - if you want to change anything. Anyway, I can dream.

Looking forward to your reply.

Cheers and Regards.

Edited by bphlpt

Almost forgot ...

In Table 7 you list that (KB943729) needs XMLLite (KB915865). Therefore, would there be any reason why we would not want to include KB915865 in HF?

Also, while this

like hfslip.log

hfslipfc nopause >hfslipfc.log

is easy enough, the few times I've run the tool I've usually forgotten and had to run it again or cut and paste from the command window. It might be nice for there to be a Log - Yes or No line in hfslipfc.ini perhaps. Your thoughts?

Thanks again.

Cheers and Regards

Edited by bphlpt

Hi, Mimo

I made a small autoit console script to detect current SWflash.cab version.

I'm not surewhat you think and whether it is of any use.

It writes to console the current Flash version number.

I'm not good with batch script so I dun know how to pipe the result to your script.

Place this file in same folder as hfslipfc.cmd

Pls test run in console mode

Detectswflashver.exe

Size: 277.71 Kb (284,377 bytes)

MD5: F24C57297D4038429E4C1A277CB88119

Regards

I've run HFSLIPFC and I found this:

missing (S): HF\msxml4-KB973685-PLK.exe (XML Core Services 4.0 (MSXML4) SP3 Build 2107)

That MSXML4 hotfix is not available in Polish.

Edited by Parseus

I've run HFSLIPFC and I found this:
missing (S): HF\msxml4-KB973685-PLK.exe (XML Core Services 4.0 (MSXML4) SP3 Build 2107)

That MSXML4 hotfix is not available in Polish.

Also not available in Greek. There is not msxml4-KB973685-ELL.exe

Although we can install msxml4-KB973685-enu.exe if it is not availbale in our language.

Hi, Mimo

I made a small autoit console script to detect current SWflash.cab version.

I'm not surewhat you think and whether it is of any use.

It writes to console the current Flash version number.

I'm not good with batch script so I dun know how to pipe the result to your script.

Place this file in same folder as hfslipfc.cmd

Pls test run in console mode

Detectswflashver.exe

Size: 277.71 Kb (284,377 bytes)

MD5: F24C57297D4038429E4C1A277CB88119

Regards

THX for your support.

But now I'm checking it directly from batch: Filename and filesize - that should work!!! This version of hfslipfc is available in short.

If this method runs in problems I can extract filever.exe from support-tools (CAB, if available in SOURCE), and use it to get the version of the file.

I would like to make it without any external apps. :)

Regards, Mimo

Hi Mimo! I hope you are having a Happy Holiday!

Any update on the following?

• KB936929 fixed

These are still showing as unknown using the latest list and File Checker.

In Table 7 you list that (KB943729) needs XMLLite (KB915865). Therefore, would there be any reason why we would not want to include KB915865 in HF?

Cheers and Regards.

Hi Mimo! I hope you are having a Happy Holiday!

Any update on the following?

These are still showing as unknown using the latest list and File Checker.

I've added options for Windows Update and Microsoft Update to the INI. Plz check next release.

Cheers and Regards.

When you confirm that HF is the right place, I will add it to the list. :)

Best wishes also to you!

Mimo

Hi Mim0

Useful script. :)

Just to let you know I had my WMP11 put in HF\WPM11 folder (they are extracted files). Your script says:

Check missing updates for WMP11:
--------------------------------
missing (S): HF\wmp11-windowsxp-x86-ENU.exe (Windows Media Player 11)

I know I dun have wmp11-windowsxp-x86-ENU.exe b'cause they are in extracted form. Maybe you can look into it. Thanks

With the next release you can ignore updates in the IGNORE table of the INI. Then this file will not be listed as missing.

Regards, Mimo

• For KB961742-v3.exe (also for WindowsXP-KB968930-x86-ENG.exe in table 3) I don't know the folder and so it's not included in hfslipfc. --- i have the 1st 1 in HF; i took out the 2nd 1 for it had caused troubles for me:
    hey Mim0, could you please cross-ref this with our current XP list, esp WindowsXP-KB968930-x86-ENG.exe. (this 1 has given me lots of errors. could there be other HF as requisites for this?) ... your thoughts? thanks!
    EDIT: i have confirmed that WindowsXP-KB968930-x86-ENG.exe has caused a lot of errors during text mode of setup. tried it even with & without WindowsXP-KB926139-v2-x86-ENU in HF too to see if it could address .ps1xml errors but to no avail.
  • KB909520 - I don't know the folder. --- i put it in HF
  • KB915865 - I don't know the folder. --- i placed it in HF
  • KB936929 fixed
  • wsusscn2.cab - for what do you want to include this??? :) --- :) saw this from your list as a "to do" in table 8; just thought i'd try it out
  • WindowsXP_KB968389_x86 solution has to come --- this is the 1 that requires the .reg file
  • SmartCard_XP_x86.exe - I don't know the folder. --- for me, it's in HFSVCPACK_SW1

comments (text colored differently) inserted within the quote ... i suppose for contents in HFCABS, we must be sure to put updated files there (as there'd be no way for the script to look into each .cab's contents) ... thanks Mim0.

btw, i have posted an inquiry about msxml6-KB954459-enu-x86 vs WindowsXP-KB954459-x86-ENU *** in another post ... looking forward to your feedback about it too

• For KB961742-v3.exe I added HF in the folder column
  • KB909520 added
  • KB915865 added
  • Use the mechanism to add own files to be checked (outside of hfslipfc.cmd). how-to follows with the next release.
  • SmartCard_XP_x86.exe added
  • msxml6-KB954459-enu-x86 is for XP with SP2, WindowsXP-KB954459-x86-ENU is for XP with SP3

regards, Mimo