The File-Checker (HFSLIPFC) for HFSLIP

Mim0

I have found a silent update for MS13-029 Remote Desktop Client 7 or KB2813347

Old filename: WindowsXP-KB2813347-x86-XXX.exe

New filename: WindowsXP-KB2813347-v2-x86-XXX.exe

It's signature date shows May 30th.

Weird, worked fine for me...

Yes, because you don't have both missing at the same time, because you (probably) have KB2794119 since Jan 2013 in your HF-folder.

I believe it's 'cause I only have ONE TZ update and it's always the latest (KB2829069 in this case)

All of them are optional.

Have you seen Table 1 in Mim0's updates List?

When you have every IE6 Updates and hide IE8, there you'll see IE7 (and after install IE7, IE7 updates) and the same happens if you have WM8 updates, you'll see WMP11 and if you hide it, you'll see WMP10

There is RDC6 in XP and i think if IE8 is high priority, IE6 updates shouldn't exist in updates list (i'm not saying in WU).

RDC7 replaces RDC6 as those HBR replaces other updates (call it 'time zone' as example).

AD or Active directory updates has been removed because in no way exists any AD version in XP.

When i install XP updated, windows updates shows Windows Live Essentials as optional update but it is not in the updates lists (and i don't care because i don't use it). Do you wonder why?

I'd like to have some more people help to make this matter clear. :no:

I have found a silent update for MS13-029 Remote Desktop Client 7 or KB2813347...

Thx for the Info! :thumbup

Maybe the information about IE8 may be wrong. Maybe IE8 is really high-priority as -X- said... :blushing:

OeWZqIu.png

:whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

Listen Max, With the exception of Explorer09, I doubt anybody here knows more about Windows Update(XP) than me. I run a website dedicated to it.

Edited by -X-

When you have every IE6 Updates and hide IE8, there you'll see IE7 (and after install IE7, IE7 updates) and the same happens if you have WM8 updates, you'll see WMP11 and if you hide it, you'll see WMP10

There is RDC6 in XP and i think if IE8 is high priority, IE6 updates shouldn't exist in updates list (i'm not saying in WU).

RDC7 replaces RDC6 as those HBR replaces other updates (call it 'time zone' as example).

AD or Active directory updates has been removed because in no way exists any AD version in XP.

When i install XP updated, windows updates shows Windows Live Essentials as optional update but it is not in the updates lists (and i don't care because i don't use it). Do you wonder why?

You will find out that Microsoft did mess up something in the update lists.

Okay, here is some basic info:

1. Microsoft still maintain both IE6, IE7, and IE8, so you can see they offer updates for all three versions.

2. IE8 is high-priority as X said. (But IE8 still sucks. You better use a good browser like Firefox or Chrome.)

3. IE6 and IE7 are both obsolete. Really. MS don't want people to use them anymore. Kogan even imposes tax on IE7 users. (You can Google these to find out: "IE6 countdown", "IE7 tax")

4. WMP11 and RDC7 are optional.

5. I've never seen Active Directory or Windows Live Essentials in the Windows Update list. I never use them either.

6. You should forget anything WMP8. Windows XP SP3 is shipped with WMP9.

Edited by Explorer09

WMP11 and RDC7 are optional.

To be exact, WMP is Software, Optional as far as Windows Update is concerned. RDC7 is an upgrade but I don't see any good reason for it to be installed. Once you have RDC7, you will see updates for it under the category high-priority.

I'm not saying who knows more or less, my point is this:

IE8 is high-priority. WMP11 is software, optional. RDC 7 is neither.

You will find out that Microsoft did mess up something in the update lists.

Okay, here is some basic info:

4. WMP11 and RDC7 are optional.

WMP11 and RDC7 are optional.

RDC7 is an upgrade but I don't see any good reason for it to be installed.

RDC7 is optional (as much as those Previous SP3 updates and XPS-Printer + HBR) for us to install and replaces RDC6 with its updates , is not optional for windows updates and i don't see why it should be removed from the updates list.

Wondering if i'm being something clear. :angel

July

+ WindowsMedia-KB2803821

+ KB2834886

+ KB2845187

+ KB2846071

+ KB2850851

- KB2659262 replaced by KB2834886

- KB2829361 replaced by KB2850851

- KB2838727 replaced by KB2846071

EDIT: Gosh darn it. All my posts talking about KB2659262 have disappeared due to a database restore.

Anyways, KB2834886 has the same contents as KB9659262 but WU checks for the following...

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\HotFix\KB2659262]
"Installed"=dword:00000001

EDIT2: Here's a side by side comparison of KB2659262 and KB2834886. As you can see the contents are the same.

VMOaXQW.png

Edited by -X-