The File-Checker (HFSLIPFC) for HFSLIP

Mim0

I remember reading that KB2779562 is still needed.

Hi -X-,

you're right! thx for the Info!!!!

--edit--

I got a hint that KB2794119 is a cumulative update - even when KB2794119 tells something other.

The information is inside of the update.inf.

I also compared the both update.inf's (KB2794119 vs KB2779562) and it seems plausible for me.

The content (time-zone-definitions for the windows-registry) of KB2779562 is also inside of KB2794119.

Edited by Mim0

Mimo, the XML6 update should be removed. It is not part of a standard XP install. It is only needed when XML6 was installed by some third-party application.

WU DOES NOT ask for it on a standard windows installation.

bye!

EDIT. I just found out you made a silent update and now the FC is asking for 2779562. Didn't we JUST agree that it is replaced by 2794119???

And, like I said, the XML6 update should be OPTIONAL, the FC shouldn't ask for it as a high-priority update.

EDIT2:

There's another bug in the FC:

It says:

"found 2728973, ...REPLACED BY 2798897..."

hf\rvkroots.exe

And immediately after that:

"Found 2798897..."

hf\rvkroots.exe

this doesn't make ANY sense. The first one is absolutely unnecessary.

Edited by jvidal

Mimo, the XML6 update should be removed. It is not part of a standard XP install. It is only needed when XML6 was installed by some third-party application.

Yes it is in the standard XP install. You can verify this by yourself. Look in the directory "C:\WINDOWS\system32" and see the file msxml6.dll.

The file version should be 6.20.2502.0 after you install KB2757638. (If it is 6.20.2501.0, then you have KB2719985 installed but not KB2757638)

Hi Jvidal,

thx for reporting problems. Regarding MSXML6 - as Explorer09 already said - it's part of a stock XP (also MSXML3): MXSML5 belongs to office, MSXML4 to some apps (don't know which).

And the other things... I'll see for it! THX! :)

Just a first look without the possibility to test it in a HFSLIP environment:

I just found out you made a silent update...

not so silent: click :)

...and now the FC is asking for 2779562. Didn't we JUST agree that it is replaced by 2794119???

Sure! 2779562 is marked as "replaced" in the script, 2794119 is an active update. Why the hell ist the FC asking for 2779562? I test it later...

EDIT2:

There's another bug in the FC:

It says:

"found 2728973, ...REPLACED BY 2798897..."

hf\rvkroots.exe

And immediately after that:

"Found 2798897..."

hf\rvkroots.exe

this doesn't make ANY sense. The first one is absolutely unnecessary.

Of course, but same like above. 2728973 is marked as replaced, 2798897 is active. Very magic...

more later...

it was silent. it's dated feb 01, but there's nothing on it in your site. It was downloaded by the auto-updater...

*ARGH* Please remove this version! I made a change in that script which I didn't want to make public.

My publish-script for the file-checker publishes always all three file-checker-packages. I updeted the file-checkher for office and I forgotten that I have a modified file-checker for XP in that folder. sh*t!

shame on me... :blushing:

That explains the behaviour for 2779562 - but it's not critical....

And for 2728973 - I have to look....

___EDIT___

the problem is, it's the same file-name, I have to fix it.

Edited by Mim0

thx, mimo!

Just be sure to delete that bogus version or else the auto-updater will get it every time I run the FC...

And yes, it's the same file name, you should just stick to the latest KB article...

bye!

thx, mimo!

Just be sure to delete that bogus version or else the auto-updater will get it every time I run the FC...

And yes, it's the same file name, you should just stick to the latest KB article...

bye!

On the webspace there's a version-info-file which contains the current version on the webspace. I've restored that file to the previous one. One problem: Users who will (by mistake) downloaded the wrong file-checker will not go to the previous one automatically.

But a new version is in progress:

For the same-file-name problem: I compared the file-version of the current one with the prev one - result: same version :( So I will do it in the same way like the roots certificate update: I will check the file-size.

Edited by Mim0

New version of the file-checker for checking rvkroots.exe (no new updates)!

changes in the mainscript:

2013-02-06
- Added: General size-check for any file. The expected file size is defined in column #9
of the update-list (extension-file). I left the specific size-checks for roots
certificates and UPHC inside to let the main-script still compatible to the
extension-file for Windows 2000 from Parseus.

changes in the XP-extension:

2013-02-06
- Changed: Removed the specific definitions of the expected file sizes for
roots certificates and UPHC. Both files are using now the new
general way to define expected file sizes. With this change you
will notice less outputs (but only less OK-messages).
- Added: expected file-size for checking the correct version of rvkroots.exe

Download: HFSLIPFC v.2013/01/06 with WindowsXP-update-list v.2013/01/06