The File-Checker (HFSLIPFC) for HFSLIP

Mim0

Hi@all

I just prepared my update-list and I will upload it asap.:hello:

There's a bug in HFSLIP related to slipstreaming of USP5 into Windows 2000 source. ...

I've prepared a solution.

Could you add the additional lines to the script? ...

Sure :) But could you explain these new lines? Could there problems with other updates be expected? Or are the if-conditions just true in combination of USP5 / Windows 2000?

Or could it be more safe to have something like this:

REM Example taken from line 3334 of current HFSLIP
IF "%VERSION%"=="2000" (
IF EXIST HF\w2ksp5*.exe (
IF %SP% LSS 5 (
)
)
)

around your additional lines? If you search for "USP" in the HFLIPS-script, you will find some infos that could help to confirm that Windows 2000 and USP5 will currently be used.

Sure :) But could you explain these new lines? Could there problems with other updates be expected? Or are the if-conditions just true in combination of USP5 / Windows 2000?

Or could it be more safe to have something like this:

REM Example taken from line 3334 of current HFSLIP
IF "%VERSION%"=="2000" (
IF EXIST HF\w2ksp5*.exe (
IF %SP% LSS 5 (
)
)
)

around your additional lines? If you search for "USP" in the HFLIPS-script, you will find some infos that could help to confirm that Windows 2000 and USP5 will currently be used.

If you want to make it work only for USP 5.* then you can just add "IF EXIST HF\w2ksp5*.exe" like this

ECHO>>SVCPACK.INF [SetupHotfixesToRun]
IF EXIST HF\w2ksp5*.exe IF EXIST SOURCESS\I386\SVCPACK\*.exe IF EXIST SOURCESS\I386\SVCPACK.IN* DO (
IF EXIST SOURCESS\I386\SVCPACK.IN_ EXPAND -R SOURCESS\I386\SVCPACK.IN_ >NUL
FOR /F "DELIMS=" %%I IN ('DIR/B/ON SOURCESS\I386\SVCPACK\*.exe') DO FINDSTR/IL "%%I" SOURCESS\I386\SVCPACK.INF>>SVCPACK.INF
)

I wanted to make it more universal. Actually, HFSLIP completely ignores the already existing svcpack.inf and overwrites it with its own version. Fortunately there are no files in I386\SVCPACK in any of the official service packs so it's not an issue. Only in USP5.1 there's an EXE file there. I think the universal approach is better though because it will work for other unofficial service packs too (I'm sure there will be other SPs in the future), not only for USP 5.1. It has no effect on the official packages so there's really nothing to worry about it :)

Edited by tomasz86

New flash player (yes, again!).

This time it's version 11.3.300.262, please, mimo, be sure to update the script!

bye!

Wait, for some reason, only the mozilla plugin was updated to 11.3.300.262, the AX version is still .257, maybe it'll be updated soon.

Edited by jvidal

Hey Mimo,

Please wait with adding the USP/SVCPACK related script. I've found one interesting thing in the HFSLIP's script. Theoretically it should add the *.exe file info to svcpack.inf even now. I'll try to investigate why it doesn't do it.

I've found the culprit.

It's this part:

IF EXIST SOURCE\cdromsp5.tst (
IF "%NOCLEANSRC%"=="2" SET NOCLEANSRC=
IF EXIST SOURCE\I386\SVCPACK\spsetup.exe ECHO>>WORK\SVCMAIN.TXT SPSETUP.EXE /q /n /z
FOR /F %%I IN ('FINDSTR/IR /C:"USP 5\.1" SOURCE\cdromsp5.tst') DO SET VERSIONIE=2KIE6
)

Exactly this line:

IF EXIST SOURCE\I386\SVCPACK\spsetup.exe ECHO>>WORK\SVCMAIN.TXT SPSETUP.EXE /q /n /z

The problem here is that there's no "spsetup.exe" in USP 5.1 but there is "setupusp.exe". The line should look like this:

IF EXIST SOURCE\I386\SVCPACK\setupusp.exe ECHO>>WORK\SVCMAIN.TXT SETUPUSP.EXE /q /n /z

This is why I hate HFSLIP so much. Way too many things are hard coded :angry:

Edited by tomasz86

@tomasz86, I'm confused. It looks like you've said:

The problem is here, "A" (setupusp.exe), specifically this line, "B" (spsetup.exe), it should be "A" (setupusp.exe).

While I expected you to say:

The problem is here, "A", specifically this line, "A", it should be "B".

or

The problem is here, "B", specifically this line, "B", it should be "A".

Or did I misunderstand something? (That happens all the time. :) ) Please clarify.

Cheers and Regards

Are there other SP's in use that do have "spsetup.exe"? If so, maybe having both lines, rather than editing the line, would be a better solution? That way all the bases would be covered yet not cause you any problems with SP5.2. Or was it just a typo that is just now coming to light?

Cheers and Regards

new file-checker for XP:

2012-06-21
- Added: KB2685939 (MS12-036: Remote Desktop)
- Added: KB2699988 (MS12-037: Internet Explorer)
- Added: KB2709162 (MS12-041: Windows Kernel-Mode Drivers)
- Added: KB2707511 (MS12-042: Windows Kernel)
- Added: Malicious Software Removal Tool 4.9.6301.0
- Removed: KB2621440 (MS12-020: Remote Desktop Protocol, replaced by KB2685939)
- Removed: KB2675157 (MS12-023: Internet Explorer, replaced by KB2699988)
- Removed: KB2676562 (MS12-034: Windows, Kernel and Kernel Mode Driver, replaced
by KB2709162 and KB2707511)
- Removed: Malicious Software Removal Tool 4.8.6201.0

Download: HFSLIPFC v.2012/05/04 with WindowsXP-update-list v.2012/06/21

It seems to be just a typo. Official SPs don't use SVCPACK folder at all.

So I will fix this typo and publish a new HFSLIP asap! Thx for the info! :) Edited by Mim0