The File-Checker (HFSLIPFC) for HFSLIP

Mim0

How to obtain the latest Windows Update Agent

If Windows Update or Automatic Updates is turned on, the latest version of the Windows Update Agent will be automatically downloaded and installed on your computer. If you go to Windows Update before it gets installed automatically, you will see a message to install the Windows Update Agent:

Funny. I'm still on 7.4.7600.226 and get no prompt to upgrade.

We now need a URL to download it as

http://download.windowsupdate.com/WindowsUpdate/redist/standalone/7.6.7600.256/WindowsUpdateAgent30-x86.exe

gives a 404.

EDIT: And here's why....

Notice

There is no standalone installer of the latest version of the Windows Update Agent (7.6.7600.256). The following are instructions on how to obtain version 7.4.7600.226 of the Windows Update Agent.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/946928

Edited by -X-

I'd like to suggest changing this line in HFSLIP's script:

SET SW1=/quiet /norestart

to

SET SW1=/q /n /z

Yes I think it could be a good idea to use your switches. Bit I suggest to define (overwrite) them in the HFANSWER.INI. What do you think?

Adobe Flash Player 11.3.300.257

THX for the info!!!
Thx for the Info (but I don't have to change anything - the dl-link is still the same. Should I do something regarding version-check?) Edited by Mim0

]Thx for the Info (but I don't have to change anything - the dl-link is still the same. Should I do something regarding version-check?)

Do not have to, I gave this info for other users

Actually it's....

KB2685939 replace KB2621440

KB2709162 reg entry replaces the KB2676562 reg entry. (the contents are the same)

KB2707511 replace KB2676562

The IE one is correct.

As is becoming more and more normal, Microsoft can't get it's head out of it's a** when it comes to bulletin replacement information.

BTW, Java got security updates today so update if you have it on your system.

Edited by -X-

Actually it's....

KB2685939 replace KB2621440

KB2709162 reg entry replaces the KB2676562 reg entry. (the contents are the same)

KB2707511 replace KB2676562

The IE one is correct.

As is becoming more and more normal, Microsoft can't get it's head out of it's a** when it comes to bulletin replacement information.

BTW, Java got security updates today so update if you have it on your system.

-X- got one thing wrong here. KB2707511 alone cannot replace KB2676562. It's the combination of KB2707511+KB2709162 that replaces KB2676562.

| KB2676562     | KB2707511     | KB2709162
Win32k.sys | 5.1.2600.6206 | no | 5.1.2600.6228
(reg entry) | yes | no | yes
Ntkrnlmp.exe | 5.1.2600.6206 | 5.1.2600.6223 | no
Ntkrnlpa.exe | 5.1.2600.6206 | 5.1.2600.6223 | no
Ntkrpamp.exe | 5.1.2600.6206 | 5.1.2600.6223 | no
Ntoskrnl.exe | 5.1.2600.6206 | 5.1.2600.6223 | no
(The "reg entry" mean the SessionImageSize registry entry. "No" means the update does not contain the file/registry.)

Got a question, guys. Does anyone know if the HFSLIP_PRE_TZ4 package is still needed? (.cab & .cmd)

I still have it in my hftools folder, but no idea if it does any good or is it enough with the latest tzone update...

bye!

Mimo,

There's a bug in HFSLIP related to slipstreaming of USP5 into Windows 2000 source. There's an *.exe file in the USP's "svcpack" folder which should be added to "svcpack.inf" but HFSLIP ignores it.

I've prepared a solution.

Before:

ECHO>>SVCPACK.INF [SetupHotfixesToRun]
IF EXIST HFSVCPACK\*.exe (
IF EXIST WORK\HFSLIPCMDP1.TXT ECHO>>SVCPACK.INF HFSLIP.CMD
FOR /F "DELIMS=" %%I IN ('DIR/B/ON HFSVCPACK\*.exe') DO ECHO>>SVCPACK.INF %%I
)

After:

ECHO>>SVCPACK.INF [SetupHotfixesToRun]
IF EXIST SOURCESS\I386\SVCPACK\*.exe IF EXIST SOURCESS\I386\SVCPACK.IN* DO (
IF EXIST SOURCESS\I386\SVCPACK.IN_ EXPAND -R SOURCESS\I386\SVCPACK.IN_ >NUL
FOR /F "DELIMS=" %%I IN ('DIR/B/ON SOURCESS\I386\SVCPACK\*.exe') DO FINDSTR/IL "%%I" SOURCESS\I386\SVCPACK.INF>>SVCPACK.INF
)
IF EXIST HFSVCPACK\*.exe (
IF EXIST WORK\HFSLIPCMDP1.TXT ECHO>>SVCPACK.INF HFSLIP.CMD
FOR /F "DELIMS=" %%I IN ('DIR/B/ON HFSVCPACK\*.exe') DO ECHO>>SVCPACK.INF %%I
)

Could you add the additional lines to the script? At the moment HFSLIP must not be used with USP5.

Got a question, guys. Does anyone know if the HFSLIP_PRE_TZ4 package is still needed? (.cab & .cmd)

I still have it in my hftools folder, but no idea if it does any good or is it enough with the latest tzone update...

I think they are useless if you integrate the newest time zones update.

Edited by tomasz86

You sure about that, Tomas? thx for answering, BTW.

Now I don't even remeber what was it for or why we had to use it (I mean instead of just slipstreaming the latest tzone update)...

I know for sure that the time zones batch script and cab were removed from the 2K Updates List as soon as I prepared an unofficial time zones update. They were required for 2K because there was no official time zones update released. It's different in case of XP (time zones updates are still released) so I don't know what the reason for using the script was.