Release 7

W3bbo

• 2 weeks later...

I have a suggestion:

fix the problem when you patch the original CD files. Normally the file cd have the extension with _ (like .ex_) and inside the cab the complete extension (.exe), after the patch both are named (.ex_). It still work fine but, could be fixed.

Edited by nexus_lm

other suggestion:

with the lite option, It is possible that the icons will be replaced and no added (no matter that only the original resolutions, without the hidef icons)? and that the compatibility with other languages could be improved.

Edited by nexus_lm

• 1 month later...

Any estimation on a release for version 7?

Thanks!

When I get round to it :)

The number of issues with R6 so far is kinda small. I'm still thinking about it.

still down for u @@@@

help please i/m new in here

!!!!!please::::

The download links on the xpize site all work, including LiveDrive/SkyDrive/whatever Microsoft's calling it, xpize.net website, and deviantArt.

I have a sugestion:

fix the problem when you pach the original CD files. Nolmally the file cd have the extension with _ (like .ex_) and inside the cab the complete extension (.exe), after the pach both are named (.ex_). It still work fine but, could be fixed.

If it still works, what's the problem?

other sugestion:

with the lite option, It is possible tha the icons will be replaced and no added (no matter that only the original resolutions, without the hidef icons)? and that the compatibility with other languages could be improbed.

I'm not aware of any problems caused by xpize's current 'Lite' mode with any language version of Windows.

Remember kids, "Premature Optimisation is the Root of All Evil" [Donald Knuth].

• 2 months later...

other suggestion:

with the lite option, It is possible that the icons will be replaced and no added (no matter that only the original resolutions, without the hidef icons)? and that the compatibility with other languages could be improved.

I'm not aware of any problems caused by xpize's current 'Lite' mode with any language version of Windows.

The need for an "Lite" mode it's the problem, in previous post you explain that in foreign languages when you patch shell32 the file becomes too big that it becomes instable, I know that replace icons brings other troubles too but if you add an option to chose the method you let the user to decide what it's better for him.

And what I was suggested it isn't a "Premature Optimization", it could be a bug fix.

Edited by nexus_lm