Release 7

W3bbo

My end-of-term is coming up soon, I'll have a short while to be able to put together xpize 5 Release 7.

This release would be few fixes on top of Release 6 and there are a few resources I'd like to finish off (such as in some MMC consoles).

If anyone has any suggestions that haven't already been posted on the Release 6 thread, I'd like to hear them.

Hi W3bbo! Great news :thumbup !

It would be nice to gather all suggestions here in one place so everyone can check if his/her suggestion is heard :).

My suggestion is to fix XML parsing, so package authors can use "name" attribute (currently these attributes only used in 'group' tag, en forcing package authors surround each package element in group tag to add convenient name to it). Also there are problems with switching from Simple view to Advanced - several elements remain selected and user should browse all tree to verify that nothing unnecessary is checked. All developer tools are pretty much in alpha stage :(, it is VERY difficult to create a package, a lot of problems are there. Had a lot of suggestions after creating 5r6b, but don't remember all them, will add when recall them :).

Edited by Hell Racer

I'm afraid I'll have to cancel Release 7 for this year, I'm moving back to my parents' home over the Christmas holiday and there's too much data on my computer to move easily. I guess you'll have to wait until I get back in January.

Hi.

I'd like to use this first post to thank you for xpize. I always hated those dirty patches and hacks just to skin your XP, they always created more problems than they were worth for. When I found xpize I was really impressed because it just did what I wanted, plus adding bonuses such as a full resources update (which is also, I can understand, the harder part of xpize's job).

What I'd like to see in next release would be a revamped installation, as it's not so easily understandable unless you try a few times what the various options mean, but the installation+reboot doesn't make for an easy testing, so a few things should be clearer. As Hell Racer said, would be nice to fix the advanced/simple views. Also, in those "views", would be nice to see what each selected element looks like before installing, maybe with a picture showing all elements of various themes. The preview pictures used right now are too small and also wrong (or maybe my xpize doesn't work fine?), as I expected a theme and got another one (not a big problem, as I can change them from desktop properties, but that one looked cool on the picture, and it's not in the list of skins :P). It was "old xpize" or something similar, I can't load the installer right now (need a reboot :P), but i can be more precise if that didn't made sense.

Another problem I found is this:

post-270731-1260927093_thumb.png

as you can see the new resource for the animation is misplaced. If I find more misplaced resources I'll let you know. Btw I'm using Italian XP Pro SP3.

Hi guys., it's easy to update the wordpad toolbar,, you just need to replace the bitmap with 32-BIT ones..

Arghhhh!

In the past I was experimenting only with 24-bit bitmaps (naivly thinking the pallete replacement system would work the same even though it wasn't indexed colour). But I just made a test 32-bit bitmap for the toolbar art and now it works!

Thanks for the tip, this'll be included in Release 7 now. You'll find screenshot proof attached. I need to look into why the button images are shifted along by one though.

post-98900-1261583386_thumb.png

You guys can expect Release 7 sometime in January.

Here's the current state of Freecell:

post-98900-1261584482_thumb.png

I'm still working on getting the "game win" image looking right; there's nothing I can do about the scaling, I just need to find an image that scales well.

Here's the current state of Freecell:

post-98900-1261584482_thumb.png

I'm still working on getting the "game win" image looking right; there's nothing I can do about the scaling, I just need to find an image that scales well.

Wow! Thats Perfect!

Thanks for the tip!

And what about minesweeper?? Is possible to XPize it too??