How to get the cause of high CPU usage caused by apps?

the AMD V140 Processor seems to be the bootleneck. It is a cheap Single Core CPU.

Chrome internally has a message loop and this causes fr a example 9/13% cpu usage (chrome.dll!MessageLoop::DeferOrRunPendingTask, 12.37, chrome.dll!base::MessagePumpWin::Run, 9.37)).

Kaskerspy scans the HTTP traffic (HTTPProtocoller.PPL, anti-phishing http filter.dll) while surfing. So try to disable this scanning. Maybe this helps a bit, but the CPU is simply to slow for todays software. You should use at least a Dual Core cpu with 2GHz. Look if it is possible to upgrade the CPU.

Thank you for your wonderful efforts.

Ya the laptop is crap, impulse shopping be damned. But surely the hardware/processor of my laptop should be able to handle refreshing a webpage without cpu spiking to 100% for a fraction of a second. That's what is happening right now, and worse when dl larger files. The machine is only 14 months old, dunno when it was released though. Thing is during a period of 2-3 weeks the prob went away, so while yes the processor suck it shouldn't manifest in the cpu probs I have right now.

Edited by evilpedro

Ye, it was the same version, if by that you mean program version. I'll uninstall Kaspersky, and try eset antivirus only. iirc the period during which I had no prob was when I had only eset antivirus and windows firewall. Yea windows firewall sucks but it's worth it if it solves the issue.

Hehe guess I shouldn't bash windows products on this board :blushing: I've decided, after tens of hours of trying to solve this problem, to try with a fresh install of windows 7. I'm going to do it virtually this time tough hrough WMvare because I can't be arsed to dual boot. What do you think about that? Could there be that the circumstances that matters isn't identical so I can't isolate the problem through virtualization? Ie I take the time to setup WMvare and install windows 7 vritualized and problem is gone. Then when I do a fresh install problem is there again. Never done virtualization or WMvare before.

Thing is before I send laptop in to service center I want to be 100% sure this isn't a software issue. Otherwise they might charge me. So will I be 100% sure with virtualization or do i have to boot from a fresh windows 7 to be sure and see if issue persists?

Edited by evilpedro

• 2 weeks later...

Hi i have similar prob.. im a newbie so dont really no how to go abt it. I have attached an image of what process explorer is showing me. Interrupts is taking abt 30% in addition to 2 separate svchost processes taking up the rest of 100% cpu. I cnt tell if this is a driver issue or not. I have had this high cpu usage prob from the day i installed windows 7 2 weeks back.

Pls advice me on how to go abt this

Thnx for ur support i will try that out. But the event log has no entries under hardware issues. the problem started the from the time I installed windows 7, which is just a few days ago. I was using windows XP before that. And the graphics card has always been working fine in the same slot. Also the cpu usage was fine (~0 when idle) when i was using XP. Do you think this problem could be because of a driver conflict caused by the graphics card?? I have tried updating the drivers but there is no change, the cpu usage is almost constantly at 100%