How to get the cause of high CPU usage caused by apps?

uncheck the lmhost file usage in the network options of your NIC.

What do you mean by uncheck the imhost file usage?

looked everything in control panel under network and internet and didnt find any place where there was a place to check file usage

uncheck the lmhost file usage in the network options of your NIC.

What do you mean by uncheck the imhost file usage?

looked everything in control panel under network and internet and didnt find any place where there was a place to check file usage

uncheck NetBIOS over TCPIP.

all i know is that iphlpsvc from svchost.exe has something to do w/ it.

this is the IPv6 Helper service which provides IPv6 over IPv4 networks.

So install the Sp1 for Windows 7 which includes a lot of fixes, maybe your issue is also gone.

If the issue is not gone and if you don't need this service, stop the service.

all i know is that iphlpsvc from svchost.exe has something to do w/ it.

this is the IPv6 Helper service which provides IPv6 over IPv4 networks.

So install the Sp1 for Windows 7 which includes a lot of fixes, maybe your issue is also gone.

If the issue is not gone and if you don't need this service, stop the service.

ah, well, the problem here is... i cant get the windows 7 sp1 to install in my pc either... it downloads, installs but when it tries to configure, it always gets stuck at 70%, it restarts several times, gets stuck at same percent and i get error 0x80070643.

and i really do want the cpu issue gone without doing such a round about way of turning off iphlpsvc. i already do it, but it means i have to suffer 20mins of agony while i wait for it to turn off every time i start after a shutdown. sorry if i'm bothering you.

Unfortunately, I'm still seeing these large spikes every 15 seconds, and am still not getting the latency that others seem to be reporting using the same Roland hardware. The spikes do seem to be connected to this hardware (They go away if I unplug it, and rdwm1117.sys is the Roland driver), but I'm wondering if something in my system is interacting with the driver to cause these spikes, which consume 100% of one core, and 15-20% of total CPU .

Does the following scenario apply to you?:

•You have a computer that is running Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2 or Windows 7.

•You connect a full-speed USB audio device to a high-speed hub, and then connect this hub to the root hub of a USB 2.0 EHCI host controller on the computer, OR you connect a high speed USB 2.0 audio device directly to the root hub of a USB 2.0 EHCI host controller on the computer.

•You start an audio playback/recording program. This program opens the USB audio device.

In this scenario, you notice that there is high CPU usage approximately every 15 seconds on the computer. Additionally, you may experience skipping in audio playback from the audio device when overall CPU usage reaches 100%.

If so, go to:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/981214/en-us

Cheers

ah, well, the problem here is... i cant get the windows 7 sp1 to install in my pc either... it downloads, installs but when it tries to configure, it always gets stuck at 70%, it restarts several times, gets stuck at same percent and i get error 0x80070643.

create a new topic here in the Windows 7 forums and upload the following files:

the complete folder C:\Windows\logs\CBS, C:\Windows\inf\setupapi.dev.log, C:\Windows\WindowsUpdate.log and the C:\Windows\winsxs\poqexec.log

/compress them to 1 zip)

and i really do want the cpu issue gone without doing such a round about way of turning off iphlpsvc. i already do it, but it means i have to suffer 20mins of agony while i wait for it to turn off every time i start after a shutdown. sorry if i'm bothering you.

set the starttype to manual (open the services MMC snapin (services.msc) find the service, doublclick on it and set the startype to manual). Now Windows no longer starts it by default only if a programs/service needs it.

Does the following scenario apply to you?:

the hotfix applies to Win7 RTM he already uses Win7 Sp1 which includes the fix.

Edited by MagicAndre1981

• 5 months later...
:no: i can't..T.T. because i am using laptop.:(any idea? :(..basically is that everything i play some games, the cpu process will be like 20 to 30 percent even after i quit my game.it is call system interrupt (deferred procedure calls and interrupt service routines). i tried to search on google for months, and tried a lot of method. still it wont help.:( Edited by 52001314

I have a intel i5 2430m CPU, and after I watch a stream for a while or play a game, CPU 0 goes up to 100% usage. It persists at close to 100% at all times until I reboot my system.

I've been loosing myself in your threads for hours upon hours now, trying to get everything to work and this is what I've come up with so far!

When I try to use the "xperf -d latency.etl" command or "xperf -d DPC_Interrupt.etl" I get a message saying that events were lost and that I need to increase buffer.

I really can't make sense of it anymore, I'm jumping back and forth between your threads trying to decide what problem I'm actually having.

However I got the Latency Monitor to work and I compiled screenshots + the log from the test it ran there.

I'm really sorry if I'm posting in the wrong thread/not showing the needed info, I just felt like I needed to get something out here :P

Latency monitor.rar

Edited by Hoffmaestro

Run this command:

xperf -on latency -stackwalk profile -buffersize 1024 -MaxFile 256 -FileMode Circular && timeout 30 && xperf -d DPC_Interrupt.etl

to capture 30s. If you still get the warning, increase the value after buffersize.

The pictures tell you have ACPI.sys issue . What is the temperature of your Intel® Core i5-2430M CPU?