How to get the cause of high CPU usage by DPC / Interrupt

the acpi.sys is called by the BATTC.SYS (BattCWorkerThread). so check the battery. Remove it while using AC power and check if this fixes it. You can also unintall the battery from the device manager, reboot and let Windows install the battery again. This also solved high CPU usage for some users. If this doesn't fix, request a recharge of the battery. I don't know if your battery supports this.

And next time, don't do illegal torrent downloads while making the trace ;)

I removed the battery with just AC power. Sadly, the problem persisted. I don't know what to do now :(

disable the battery in the device manager when using AC power. Does this fix it?

Google a bit for ACPI.sys+Battc.sys results and try suggestions you find. I broke it down into Battery/ACPI and now you must try until you find a solution/workaround.

Disabling the battery did not work. However, I completely removed "hdaudbus.sys" from system32/drivers and that fixed it, but then I had no sound. I had to do a system restore to get it back. Still at a loss on what to do :?

• 2 weeks later...

hi andre!

i've readed almost the whole thread this morning... i have some similiar issues as users described here before.

i have a sony vaio vpcec2s1e with an intel h55 chipset and i5 processor running win7 64bit. i've reinstalled windows from a clean dvd, no vaio installation!

now i have dpc latence caused by ndis.sys, acpi and usbport.sys... but i can only install all the updates available from sony vaio support, not the original intel ar ati stuff... any ideas? (i can post the files later when i'm back home)

Edited by adlib

i can't install the original ati drivers for the GPU nor can i install original bios update for the intel chipset... only the ones provided by vaio support work! i'll try to install original network and usb and wlan drivers as soon as i'm home but i guess they're blocked by sony aswell.... :wacko: then i can upload the ETL (i'm not at that computer right now)

is there a way to work around sony's driver-block-strategy?

Edited by adlib

with the setup (ati catalyst setup for example...) :unsure: is there a chance that it works inside the device manager?

how to install in device manager when i only get exe or install-files and no INF?

and one additional quastion: where do i get proper usbport drivers? the search for intel 55 chipset drivers only leads me to a chipset driver-set where intel states that apg and usb is not port of the driverset?

Edited by adlib

i'm back

have done the traces... here are the files from interrupt_cpu and cpu (wasn't sure which one you'll need after reading your tut, sorry)

hope you can find the problems!

i've tried to disable apci battery management and the atheros wlan card with the device manager and all latency problems are gone... :( hope we find a way so i don't need to disable those devices evertime i will use the laptop for audio (as daw)

https://rapidshare.com/files/485789426/cpu.ETL

https://rapidshare.com/files/4182837958/interrupt_cpu.ETL

and here is what LatencyMon 2.01 says:

Your system appears to be suitable for playing real time audio without dropouts.

Time running: 0:00:16

Highest DPC routine execution time (µs): 1459

Responsible driver: ACPI.sys (ACPI-Treiber für NT, Microsoft Corporation)

DPC count (execution time <500 µs): 351251

DPC count (execution time 500-999 µs): 49

DPC count (execution time 1000-1999 µs): 52

DPC count (execution time 2000-3999 µs): 0

DPC count (execution time >=4000 µs): 0

Highest ISR routine execution time (µs): 87

Responsible driver: iaStor.sys (Intel Matrix Storage Manager driver - x64, Intel Corporation)

ISR count (execution time <250 µs): 185011

ISR count (execution time 250-499 µs): 0

ISR count (execution time 500-999 µs): 0

ISR count (execution time 1000-1999 µs): 0

ISR count (execution time >=2000 µs): 0

Highest pagefault resolution time (µs): 7

Hard pagefault count (total): 51

Number of processes hit: 1

Pagefault count of hardest hit process: 51

Process with highest pagefault count: svchost.exe (PID: 960, Hostprozess für Windows-Dienste, Microsoft Corporation)

Note: all execution times are calculated based on a CPU clock speed of 2261 MHz. Disable variable speed settings like Intel Speed Step and AMD Cool N Quiet in the BIOS setup for more accurate results.