How to get the cause of high CPU usage by DPC / Interrupt

I didn't get much response from cluberti I'm afraid. He did reply to my PM, by PM, saying that he would look at my trace in a few days time, but that was ages ago well before you asked him in this topic. I've since sent a reminder PM but got no reply from that, so maybe he's too busy to help. Maybe when he has some free time he will respond. In the meantime, recently it has seemed a little better, going somewhat longer between occurrences of the interrupt problem. I have no idea why or even if it's just my imagination but I'll keep observing and let you know if I find anything else out.

please run those 2 commands:

xperf -start perf!GeneralProfiles.InSequentialFile

wait some times and run

xperf -stop perf!GeneralProfiles.InSequentialFile Perftrace.etl

zip and upload the PerfTrace.etl. This trace includes more data.

Sorry for the delay, but I posted a reply that apparently died due to my crappy internet connection last week. I reviewed the data, and it looked like it was either the audio driver on the hdaudio bus, or something attached to the USB bus. Unfortunately, this is one area (without stack traces) where I can only go that far. Does the problem reproduce with no USB devices attached to the system?

....it looked like it was either the audio driver on the hdaudio bus, or something attached to the USB bus. Unfortunately, this is one area (without stack traces) where I can only go that far. Does the problem reproduce with no USB devices attached to the system?

Hi, thanks for your response.... yes it seems to. What do you mean "without stack traces"? How do I get these? Or do you mean the Memory dump? You will see in an earlier post I offered to upload the memory dump for inspection. Would this help?

MagicAndre1981 - was your post #467 aimed at me?

Edited by hottroc

MagicAndre1981 - was your post #467 aimed at me?

yes, maybe this new trace gives us more hints. Run it in a CleanBoot so that all 3rd party tools are closed.

http://www.mediafire.com/?zw4dzl13c874aze

uploaded the trace after uninstalling daemon tools.

I still see some spikes which show UNKNOWN. so a different driver still uses dynamic code. My guess is this here: GEARAapiWDM.sys Which tool uses this driver?

I am having latency issues when playing back video's and playing games.

Win 7 x64 - sp1 + all updates

Intel Core2 Duo E6750

Asus P5Q Pro Turbo

Evga Nvidia 8800gt - should be latest drivers

4 GB of RAM (checked it with memtest no errors)

5 hard drives

I believe I had daemon tools installed but I've uninstalled it. I do have True Crypt v7 installed

I've uploaded some basics but I don't know how to resolve these issues. If anyone could help me find a fix it would be much appreciated.

EDIT: Oh I should add I tried a selective startup disabling most things but it didnt fix anything.

post-60999-0-11502800-1306282636_thumb.j

post-60999-0-40676200-1306282640_thumb.j

post-60999-0-49250400-1306282687_thumb.j

Edited by jdub

I still see some spikes which show UNKNOWN. so a different driver still uses dynamic code. My guess is this here: GEARAapiWDM.sys Which tool uses this driver?

It's a CD DVD filter according to Latencymon.

Edit: Found these drivers associated with my DVD/CD drives.

Edited by Illisvyel

based on your pictures everything is fine. You only have page faults (data must be read from the disk because they were not in the RAM). Maybe because of the pagefault you have the playback issues.

It's a CD DVD filter according to Latencymon.

Edit: Found these drivers associated with my DVD/CD drives.

and do you have the issue too if you remove this driver?

based on your pictures everything is fine. You only have page faults (data must be read from the disk because they were not in the RAM). Maybe because of the pagefault you have the playback issues.

I wish that were so but my machine is definitely capable of playing back movies without stuttering. I get the problem when playing starcraft 2 as well. I use Media player classic HC edition for video playback (latest CCCP) Maybe its related to this?:

http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=178303

I saw a few threads on other forums dating back to 2004-05 where people had similar problems with nvidia cards. I may swap out my 800GT for another card to see what that does. The micro stutters/lags have plagued me for a long time but I was never sure what caused them. It's high time I get to the bottom of this.