How to get the cause of high CPU usage by DPC / Interrupt

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Andre, everybody,

I am very happy to bump into this forum, since DPC problem is giving me headache for a while without any solution....

My setup is Quadcore 6600, Geforce GX 460, 3 gb ram windows vista home. I am using EMU 0404 usb audio interface and having latency during both playback and recording.

Other notes:

I downloaded the symbols as described

Checking my IRQ I see that my usb ports are shared with my video card.

Just recently changed my card from another NVDIA and no change in latency (perhaps even worse?)

Daemon tools is installed in my system but during xperf logging I deactiviated all virtual drives and shut down its process

I am using an MSI mainboard. I havent updated my BIOS since I was a a bit scared with all those user agreements and advice in their website: i.e. If you are content with your system, dont flash your BIOS ...etc

Attached is my xperf output. I have an unknown driver and perhaps the video card taking the lead? Any help with identifying the problem and finding a solution is much appreciated...

Thanks in advance

Goky

post-306818-001709000 1287083504_thumb.j

post-306818-013160400 1287083619_thumb.j

Edited by goky

Hi Andre,

please help me, i uploaded my etl file.

My problem: unknown module. Maybe not interrupt issue just cpu spike.

my etl in rar: http://rapidshare.com/files/425400392/Tomek.rar

all drivers are up to date (nvida,high def audio,atheros lan card) even my bios.

I uninstalled daemon tools, and everest ultimate. (with finaluninstall software)

Thank you very much!

Maybe not interrupt issue just cpu spike.

it is an Interrupt issue:

The dxgkrnl.sys is causing the high interrupt usage.

Try different drivers for your NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT. The newest doesn't mean that this is the best driver for your older card.

Also try to remove COMODO and the ASUS services. They may cause the UNKNOWN usage.

Msconfig-----

Diagnostic startup,

Selective startup.

Neither solved the problem.

But like i sad, if the computer go to sleep mode than no more system interrupts. Any Idea?

I also tried in device manager to disable some ide/ata/atapi controllers. Don't work.

Sorry my english is not fluent.

By the way, thank you :)