How to get the cause of high CPU usage by DPC / Interrupt

Thank you for checking Andre,

I found just this about SD card reader:

- Manufacturer SDA Standard Compliant SD Host Controller Vendor

but I have disabled it and will see if problems will continue. If yes, then I will try Vista or probably some linux distribution. Its very annoying to restart the notebook 2-3x a day.

I tryied more times record etl file when the system was wrong, but every time has been lost some events and when the computer worked well, the etl file was ok. You dont know why this happens? And when the system was fine the etl file has just about 25MB every recorded minute.

Hello Andre!

I'm having the same problem as others. I have 60-70% CPU usage by DPC and Interrupts. I followed your instructions, and made the test with Win 7 SDK. I uploaded the DPC_Interrupt.zip file to Skydrive, please have a look into it. As I can see, the problem is caused by "ACPI.sys", but I don't know what to do with it.

Here is the link:

DPC_Interrupt

I hope you can help me fix this problem, because I really want to use Windows 7, but with this CPU usage I can't. This problem does not persist in Win XP or Vista, only Win 7.

Thank you in advance,

Patrik.

@neotyp

Currently I don't really have an idea about it.

@ fearking

please read what others here made when they got the ACPI.sys issue.

Well, I didn't find the solution for my problem in this thread. Any other suggestions ? I have the Latest BIOS, Chipset drivers, and the other usual stuff.

Hi all,

as I have last Friday disabled SD card reader on my notebook, problems vent gone.

I dont needed to restart my notebook whole week, I have checked driver for card reader, but I have nothing newest found. I dont using that device, so it isnt problem for me :)

Anyway, thanks Andre for your effort and helping

br. Tom

Hello Dear!

I believe that ONLY you can help me...

I read your post about how to get the cause of HIGH CPU usage.

I've tried all. But I still cant find any answer for my problem.

My CPU is Intel Core2 Duo T7700 2400 Mhz.

When I use 2 Gb RAM all good. CPU usage in idle not more: 10 %.

All works great, very speed. CPU had low temp (about 55-60C)

BUT, when I try to use 4 GB RAM (ram sticks the same). - I have

a lot of problem. Boot is very very slow..... All working very slow.

CPU usage in idle 40-100% (temp 69-80C) !!!.

I've already disable ReadyBoost (cause in ReadyBoost idle usage: 100% always).

And changed drivers for NVIDIA.

But I still have problem with other modules...

If you have time, please download DPC_Interrupt RAR archive:

Link for DPC file

size: 24 mb. And try to understand a problem...

Very-very believe in you...

Many thanks...

Yuri

Edited by aero108

Hi, the etl file says you have an issue with the NDIS.sys driver. This is a generic MS driver for the network. Also the tcpip.sys driver is involved. Are you using the latest driver for your Intel® Wireless WiFi Link 4965AGN adapter? If yes, are you using the latest version of your installed Kerio VPN Client?

Dear MagicAndre1981,

driver for Wifi - latest.

I removed Kerio.

But problem is still.

All update for windows is up to date.

Hi, the etl file says you have an issue with the NDIS.sys driver. This is a generic MS driver for the network. Also the tcpip.sys driver is involved. Are you using the latest driver for your Intel® Wireless WiFi Link 4965AGN adapter? If yes, are you using the latest version of your installed Kerio VPN Client?

Hi MagicAndre1981,

Would you mind having a look at my trace?

http://cid-bf643cf5bc069a84.office.live.com/self.aspx/Documents/perf.etl

I was getting high dpc latencies earlier but I narrowed it down to the smbus controller driver. After disabling the smbus controller device from device manager, dpc latencies are ok. However, upon resuming from sleep, something else seems to be causing delays on the bus. I have looked through the trace but I don't see anything irregular.

win 7 x64

all drivers up to date

A follow up to my issue:

I think it was being caused by Flash, I was using a version of chrome browser called iron browser, I installed flash block and the interrupt storm has not happened in weeks now. I since have started using Google's version of chrome browser because the developers of Iron browser cannot keep up with vulnerabilities being patched.

I can mark my issue solved for now, crossing fingers.

Thanks for all your help.

Hi.

In the first, sorry for my bad english, i'm portuguese.

I have a peculiar problem with my PC, the DPC's in some cases are too high, and make my system break/pause for several seconds, and then my mouse slowdown, my sound is too slow, and break/pause again for several seconds...and this is until I reboot the PC...

This strange case happens for several reasons, but the last one, and more often it's when i tried to pass a file, like a movie, or iso, from my main disk, to my second disk in the pc.

I've uninstall the Wlan drivers, and Nvidia Drivers for teh graphic cards and chipset, and reinstalled, but nothing seems to work.

Here's my etl file, hope you can help.

http://www.2shared.com/file/cYXUlh-Y/DPC_Interrupt.html

thanks in advance

Hi Andre,

I'm having a problem with an "unknown" driver that really seems to be out of control. I've attached my .etl file, can you give me some advice on how to address this issue? I'm already aware that my ndsys and tcpip files are causing problems, which I've crudely bypassed by disabling my wifi card while running my DAW. But this 'unknown' business seems to really be causing problems. Thanks in advance.

http://www.zshare.net/download/7741545921e1804c/